House Price Crash Forum

Young Fans Of Hitler

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.u...sia/8660064.stm

Apparently Hitler memorabilia is big business amongst India's youth. Is this a bad sign for the future, or just a phase. In case you didn't know Hitler also had an Indian regiment: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3684288.stm

Hopefully in terms of symbols they'll stick to the former and not the latter ones.

SWASTIKA.gif

babylon_swastika-p.png

swastika-inverted.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Noodle

It was (perhaps is) the same in Thailand. Lot of Combat 18 t-shirts being worn. Frankly, these kids had no idea what it meant or represented and were probably just old ex-stock (like anyone actually buys this stuff) and therefore cheap.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/5182107/Indian-business-students-snap-up-copies-of-Mein-Kampf.html

Seems like Mein Kampf sales go apace, especially to business/management students in India. I doubt that they know that universal education was one of Hitler's particular hates. Young Indians, we're told, see him as a 'visionary'.

He certainly was. He envisioned a world without Jews or non-Aryan faces in it. Other than as slaves.

HOLA448

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/5182107/Indian-business-students-snap-up-copies-of-Mein-Kampf.html

Seems like Mein Kampf sales go apace, especially to business/management students in India. I doubt that they know that universal education was one of Hitler's particular hates. Young Indians, we're told, see him as a 'visionary'.

He certainly was. He envisioned a world without Jews or non-Aryan faces in it. Other than as slaves.

Indians are Aryans so they're not going to feel excluded. The Hymns of the Rig Veda are interesting, chariots and attacks on ciies, and the Arya pop up there as the victors.

HOLA449

Indians are Aryans so they're not going to feel excluded. The Hymns of the Rig Veda are interesting, chariots and attacks on ciies, and the Arya pop up there as the victors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism)#Hitler.27s_plans_for_India_and_Operation_Maximillian

Good point. But how does that fit in with 'Hitler's Racial Plans for India' in the link?. Hitler's attitude to Indian Asians seems self-contradictory. It seems intuitively difficult to see him viewing Asians as racial equals.

HOLA4410

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism)#Hitler.27s_plans_for_India_and_Operation_Maximillian

Good point. But how does that fit in with 'Hitler's Racial Plans for India' in the link?. Hitler's attitude to Indian Asians seems self-contradictory. It seems intuitively difficult to see him viewing Asians as racial equals.

From your link Juvenal:

Himmler had identified purest of the Aryan castes in India to be Germanized; the rest would either be exterminated or subjugated for slave labor.

So the idea of an elite Aryan race ruling India (the victors of the Rig Veda) then the Indian business students see themselves as this Indian elite.

I'm sure I read that Himmler always had a copy of the Koran on his desk and that there was a Muslim SS battalion (though I could have got that from an Alastair MacLean book).

Was there something about Himmler seeing himself as "The Old Man of the Mountain" as well? This was where an earthly paradise was created: drink, drugs, sex. At regular intervals the young men would be sent out to carry out an assassination. Failure to complete the mission meant they were denied re-entry to the paradise. The wiki entry doesn't touch on that but that's my memory of what the title means. Can you confirm my memory Juvenal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_ad-Din_Sinan

Edit: I just invented somebody called "Nimmler"

HOLA4411

In Italy, you get lots of ironic and not so ironic Mussolini tat for sale - he's still viewed with great affection by many italians. You get cafes named after Chairman Mao. There's a Stalin Society in the UK that seeks to set the record straight about the great man.

All this stuff is considered fine and dandy...

So why should Hitler be seen as a taboo? You only need some drugged up rockstar to say that the Germans had cool uniforms or some fancy dress pic of a prince to be unearthed and the offenders must be forced to apologise.

HOLA4412
Guest Noodle

In Italy, you get lots of ironic and not so ironic Mussolini tat for sale - he's still viewed with great affection by many italians. You get cafes named after Chairman Mao. There's a Stalin Society in the UK that seeks to set the record straight about the great man.

So why should Hitler be seen as a taboo? You only need some drugged up rockstar to say that the Germans had cool uniforms or some fancy dress pic of a price to be unearthed and they must be forced to apologise.

Is this not more 'kitsch' than actual acceptance of tyranny?

96727458_434393623a.jpg

HOLA4413

So why should Hitler be seen as a taboo? You only need some drugged up rockstar to say that the Germans had cool uniforms or some fancy dress pic of a prince to be unearthed and the offenders must be forced to apologise.

IMO the mass murder of Jews. He is entirely loathed by Jews and, whilst I am not a subscriber to any "Jewish-controlled media" theories there are many Jews in public life and they stamp out any kind of reappraisal of Hitler because he tried to wipe out their existence and came close to succeeding. To those of us who aren't Jews he is just another historical villain, but to them he is much more than that.

HOLA4414
Guest sillybear2

Well, a bit of youthful Nazi worship seemed to work well for Ed Balls :-

EdBallsNazi.jpg

HOLA4415

It's Hitler Chic.

The back story to this is that the Second World War tends to be taught as thought it were a conventional war, rather than a clash of meta-ideologies, in non-European education systems in countries where attitudes to minorities tend to be very different anyway.

HOLA4416

IMO the mass murder of Jews. He is entirely loathed by Jews and, whilst I am not a subscriber to any "Jewish-controlled media" theories there are many Jews in public life and they stamp out any kind of reappraisal of Hitler because he tried to wipe out their existence and came close to succeeding. To those of us who aren't Jews he is just another historical villain, but to them he is much more than that.

Possibly. I'm not into glorifying any historical dictator, even ironically or for kitsch value but Stalin and Mao certainly presided over incredible loss of life. Stalin's estimated to have been responsible for around 20 million deaths. Mao anything from 50 to 70. Musolini was Hitler's ally. But it's okay to goof around with those guys if you want to.

HOLA4417
Guest Noodle

Possibly. I'm not into glorifying any historical dictator, even ironically or for kitsch value but Stalin and Mao certainly presided over incredible loss of life. Stalin's estimated to have been responsible for around 20 million deaths. Mao anything from 50 to 70. Musolini was Hitler's ally. But it's okay to goof around with those guys if you want to.

Not you doing it for kitsch value, but the cafes and stores and wotnots.

HOLA4418

+1.

there are those who dispute the intent to exterminate the jews. who knows? what is undeniable however, is that everything we read of the natsocs and WWII germany has come to us through so many layers of propaganda filters and via so many vested-interests that it is now almost impossible to know anything objective about that era.

"The program of the Two Minutes Hate varied from day to day,

but there was none in which Goldstein was not the principal figure.

He was the primal traitor, the earliest defiler of the Party's purity.

All subsequent crimes against the Party, all treacheries, acts of sabotage,

heresies, deviations, sprang directly out of his teaching"

--1984, George Orwell.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

From your link Juvenal:

So the idea of an elite Aryan race ruling India (the victors of the Rig Veda) then the Indian business students see themselves as this Indian elite.

I'm sure I read that Himmler always had a copy of the Koran on his desk and that there was a Muslim SS battalion (though I could have got that from an Alastair MacLean book).

Was there something about Himmler seeing himself as "The Old Man of the Mountain" as well? This was where an earthly paradise was created: drink, drugs, sex. At regular intervals the young men would be sent out to carry out an assassination. Failure to complete the mission meant they were denied re-entry to the paradise. The wiki entry doesn't touch on that but that's my memory of what the title means. Can you confirm my memory Juvenal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_ad-Din_Sinan

Edit: I just invented somebody called "Nimmler"

Sorry, no. We're out in the wilder shores of Nazi race theory here, and this takes me into areas I know only fragments about. Fascinating stuff. I'll have to extend my reading!

HOLA4421

+1.

there are those who dispute the intent to exterminate the jews. who knows? what is undeniable however, is that everything we read of the natsocs and WWII germany has come to us through so many layers of propaganda filters and via so many vested-interests that it is now almost impossible to know anything objective about that era.

"The program of the Two Minutes Hate varied from day to day,

but there was none in which Goldstein was not the principal figure.

He was the primal traitor, the earliest defiler of the Party's purity.

All subsequent crimes against the Party, all treacheries, acts of sabotage,

heresies, deviations, sprang directly out of his teaching"

--1984, George Orwell.

Have you seen filmed concentration camp liberation footage? Or Alfred Hitchcock's 53 minute film for the War Ministry?

I don't think Central Casting supplied those thousands of skeletal 'extras' lying in piles and in pits.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

So all the film is faked? Give over.

before we venture into a pointless and shifting argument ...

let's get straight what you are saying:

ie, that the allied camp liberation footage and the hitchcock propaganda movie are prima facie evidence of an extermination programme.

do i misrepresent you?

HOLA4425

before we venture into a pointless and shifting argument ...

let's get straight what you are saying:

ie, that the allied camp liberation footage and the hitchcock propaganda movie are prima facie evidence of an extermination programme.

do i misrepresent you?

Well, unless there was total famine across Germany in 1945 - yes. And I know there was a clear propaganda purpose in recording the Camps on film. But that doesn't change what the films recorded, and who was responsible for it.

Archived