House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PropertyGuru

Gordon 'polyphemus' Brown - Where's My £4000?

Bottler Brown's legacy... ah yes. that 200 billion of 'quantitative printy printy'.

What's that work out at per head of UK populartion?

Why didn't the insane misogynist one-eyed Willie just give EVERYONE FOUR ******ING THOUSAND POUNDS????

*THAT* would have got the economy moving.

Economic boss-eyed genius or what.

If I still lived in teh UK, I'd be well f*d off!!

:-)

Why didn't the insane misogynist one-eyed Willie just give EVERYONE FOUR ******ING THOUSAND POUNDS????

*THAT* would have got the economy moving.

Wrong, it'd've devalued the currency further without helping the debt problem. 'Cos the debt problem wasn't evenly spread.

What they did was wrong. But from where we were, it was just catching up with the reality of a debt bubble that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.

Wrong, it'd've devalued the currency further without helping the debt problem. 'Cos the debt problem wasn't evenly spread.

What they did was wrong. But from where we were, it was just catching up with the reality of a debt bubble that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place.

wrong. Why not cut out the 'middleman'. After all, they gave the money to the banks. The banks were supposed to 'lend' it to us, so we could spend it. They didn't. They used to make risk-free gambles on derivatives, at the taxpayers expense. Criminal. At least if Bottler had just given it to the Brits direct, they'd have bought new cars, carpets, booze, all the stuff that makes an economy function.

And anyway., like Bottler Brown gave a ****** about the currency. 1.50 is to the Euro, down to almost parity. Yeah, right. I see now why you chose that moniker.

Polyphemus - a one eyed monster. Nice classical allusion. Good to hear from you again PG, but I suspect your wit is pearl before swine with some of the educationally different right wing idealogues that inhabit this forum nowadays.