House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
timebandit

Landlords Must Be Protected From Any Capital Gains Tax Rise In Next Week’S Budget

Landlords must be protected from any Capital Gains Tax rise in next week’s budget, says the Association of Residential Letting Agencies.

ARLA is calling on the government to treat private rented property as an ‘entrepreneurial business activity’ for CGT purposes in the upcoming emergency Budget.

If you wish to leave a comment.

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/economy/protect-landlords-from-cgt-rise-says-arla/1013662.article

I think it's already been decided now. Just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

You are probably right but history tells us that many budgets were argued right up till the last moment possible.

"Entrepreneurial?"

What terrible stress this word is being forced to endure.

Indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrepreneur

An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and assumes significant accountability for the inherent risks and the outcome. [1][note 1] The term is originally a loanword from French and was first defined by the Irish economist Richard Cantillon. Entrepreneur in English is a term applied to the type of personality who is willing to take upon herself or himself a new venture or enterprise and accepts full responsibility for the outcome.

Renting out property must be the oldest business known to man.

Social entrepreneurs act within a market aiming to create social value through the improvement of goods and services offered to the community. Their main aim is to help offer a better service improving the community as a whole and are predominately run as non profit schemes.

Well that's soon to be true. :lol:

jesus christ.

what could ever be less "entrepreneurial" than borrowing a lot of money to buy a residential pwoperdee that someone else built a hundred years ago??

[edit - i just followed the link about a possible crackdown on IO mortgages... even more nauseating]

"...if a client has been made aware of all the risks associated regarding repaying the mortgage balance, why should they not be able to make an informed decision for themselves? "

er, weren't there a few teeny-weeny problems last time we adopted an 'anything goes, baby' approach to moneylending?

Edited by the flying pig

'anything goes, baby' approach to moneylending?

Which is "entrepreneurial".

Ask Adam Applegarth if you don't believe me.

I can feel a genocidal moment coming on.

What is it about that combination of easy wealth & chancers that brings one on? :rolleyes:

You are probably right but history tells us that many budgets were argued right up till the last moment possible.

I worry you might be right.. I half expect them to bottle it at the last minute. They wouldn't scrap it completely because they would lose too much face, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a watered down version.

Come on Dave/George, stick to your guns. Do the right thing, not the Gordon "right thing" !! **

** And don't listen to those flippin' Barclay brothers either

I worry you might be right.. I half expect them to bottle it at the last minute. They wouldn't scrap it completely because they would lose too much face, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a watered down version.

Aye, i'm hoping they'll come good on Tuesday but in my heart of hearts I know i'll be disappointed with the result.