House Price Crash Forum

Should Men Over 40

Guest rigsby II

HOLA441
Guest rigsby II

I'm a life long cyclist, I love it, keeps you fit and it's quick and cheap transport for getting around the villages where I live.

But more and more I see fat old farts riding mountain bikes all dressed up as if they are Eddie Mercx (a sort of 1970's version of Lance Armstrong) in multi-coloured tight fitting lycra.

Quite frankly it makes me want to puke.

In the same way as selling glue to under 16s is banned, selling lycra to over 40 males should be banned too.

:)

HOLA442
I'm a life long cyclist, I love it, keeps you fit and it's quick and cheap transport for getting around the villages where I live.

But more and more I see fat old farts riding mountain bikes all dressed up as if they are Eddie Mercx (a sort of 1970's version of Lance Armstrong) in multi-coloured tight fitting lycra.

Quite frankly it makes me want to puke.

In the same way as selling glue to under 16s is banned, selling lycra to over 40 males should be banned too.

Lets not make age the issue. It should be banned with no exception. On the spot fines should be given and bicycles taken away.

I love cycling too, but god give me some loose fitting shorts and a t-shirt.

Are you a roady, or mtb rider?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Rigsby,

Cycling makes you sweaty, dirty, perspire profusely, gives you terrible body odour (BO) and it is very dangerous as many cyclists get killed on the roads.

A car or lorry driver who is malicious can simply gently tap into the back of a cyclist and cyclist will go over and fall beneath the wheels of an articulated lorry.

HOLA445
Rigsby,

Cycling makes you sweaty, dirty, perspire profusely, gives you terrible body odour (BO) and it is very dangerous as many cyclists get killed on the roads.

A car or lorry driver who is malicious can simply gently tap into the back of a cyclist and cyclist will go over and fall beneath the wheels of an articulated lorry.

No you get BO if you dont wash. The smelliest people I have met are fat muppets who do not do any excercise, maybe from the yeast between their folds of fat.

I would rather take the risk of getting knocked off my bike than getting stuck in town waiting for the clogged up roads to clear.

Have you not realised driving is a bit dangerous too. It just takes a poor driver to clip your car on the motorway, you go through the central reservation under the wheels of an articulated lorry. Everything is dangerous,

BIKES WILL RULE THE WORLD HA HA HA

HOLA446
Guest rigsby II
Are you a roady, or mtb rider?

Was a road-man & time-trialler for years and years until about 15 years ago when I got me first MTB.

I love off road more now.

When I go out on my road-bike now it's like knife through butter compared to MTB, but I just love the comfort of shockers and gel-seats compared to the bone-shaking on your road-bike and a razor blade saddle.

Yes I used to wear lycra but I'm too embarrassed at my age now...

HOLA447
Was a road-man & time-trialler for years and years until about 15 years ago when I got me first MTB.

I love off road more now.

When I go out on my road-bike now it's like knife through butter compared to MTB, but I just love the comfort of shockers and gel-seats compared to the bone-shaking on your road-bike and a razor blade saddle.

Yes I used to wear lycra but I'm too embarrassed at my age now...

I know what you mean I have a never had a road bike but like the idea. I commute on 700 wheels with thin tyres at 100psi. Compared to mud tyres at 35psi it is a dream. I have an old brooks saddle is perfect for commuting.

my mtb is still pretty bumpy. I could not afford a quality double bouncer. My hardtail is fast for a mtb though, and a lot better bike than I need.

What mtb do you have? I have a 04 stumpjumper disk (I know I am a sad bike nerd)

HOLA448
HOLA449

Archived