House Price Crash Forum

England Algeria Thread

rolf

HOLA441
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It is painful to watch this England self-whipping.

You convince yourselves you will win the World Cup, convince yourselves that your players are the best and then this thing happens.

When was the last time a top millionaire premiership player went to a European club and did well?

Kevin Keegan?

HOLA443
Guest anorthosite

Hehe, Heskey Theory - he fell over three times in the first half during slight jostles for the ball, i'm sick to the back teeth of him getting picked. I must admit, Crouch with his international goal scoring record over Heskey didn't even inspire much the past two games so we need to look elsewhere to be honest. Too little too late again though.

Every time Crouch plays I think I'm watching Its a Knockout.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Kevin Keegan?

Probably - in the 70s... but since then look at all the so-called brilliant English players who have gone to the likes of Madrid and Barcelona, etc, only to come back with their tails between their legs.

I watch the English players play for Man Utd, Chelsea, etc, and I read the papers raving about them... and all I see is really good foreign players doing most of the work and skill.

HOLA446

Spot on...

Also, I had an argument with my Villa mate (I'm a BlueNose) about why Heskey always gets picked over other strikers who can score goals and not look like a donkey. For heavens sake, he may be good for Villa but when your star striker isn't scoring goals for England then you don't pick another dead donkey, Heskey should have been sidelined for tonight's game IMO.

...when does he play for Villa...?.... :rolleyes:

HOLA447
HOLA448

...when does he play for Villa...?.... :rolleyes:

Well my Villa mate mentioned that he plays well for them, don't shoot the messenger ;) I don't follow Villa, in fact, I don't watch much football anymore because I can't be bothered with all the macho stuff. I did check to see how many goals he scored for Villa last season and it was ....drumroll....... 2. Is that worthy of a Striker position in the English team?

HOLA449

But Rooney will get severely roasted between now and then,

...if you don't have a plan to feed your striker ...forget it ....not Rooney's fault.....suggest he is not fit since AF brought him back early after his injury ...never been the same... even for United.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

Well my Villa mate mentioned that he plays well for them, don't shoot the messenger ;) I don't follow Villa, in fact, I don't watch much football anymore because I can't be bothered with all the macho stuff. I did check to see how many goals he scored for Villa last season and it was ....drumroll....... 2. Is that worthy of a Striker position in the English team?

...partly because Martin O'Neill rarely picks him.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4411

...partly because Martin O'Neill rarely picks him.... :rolleyes:

So why is he picked for England? Am I missing something here...

HOLA4412

it's manifestly true that there are not many talented english players. i wonder why that is? considering the amount of money there is in the game. is football like banking in that respect?

....don't believe it...if the schoolboy under 15's had played they would have delivered better result ...it's the FA /League that's at fault ...we need to plan for FIFA/ EUFA's national restrictions for the Champions League etc before progress can be made ... :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Man Utd fans don't boo i suppose?

He's frustrated. Maybe not with the fans.

We don't. Sure, we have a number of plastic fans but the core support of United is light years ahead of England fans.

England fans booing. Doesn't surprise me. Most fickle bunch of fans there are. I'm not talking about everyone in the nation who supports England but those who support them more than most (and even make the trips abroad). @rseholes for the most part.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Has Capello lost it ? He is after all 64 years old and seemingly stubborn as a mule with regards to Heskey and his formation. Personally, I'd be quite happy if I didn't need incontinence pads at that age never mind trying to manage a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas.

HOLA4417

I guess this must be the reason its called the beautiful game:

football1c.jpg

Looks like Brazil to me, Eyup, here's England........

HOLA4418

just a reflection of the society we live in?

I think you could be right. The 'team' acted like a bunch of individuals that each have a strong belief in their own worth, but when it's time to deliver, they ran around like talentless chickens looking bemused that the prize wasn't automatically delivered..... "what, you mean I don't just have to stand here just being Wayne Rooney.... I have to do something with those others too???". A bunch of selfish gits that don't deserve a fraction of their pay. And as for that knobhead "manager".... take it back to Italy, mate.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The 'team' acted like a bunch of individuals that each have a strong belief in their own worth, but when it's time to deliver, they ran around like talentless chickens looking bemused that the prize wasn't automatically delivered.....

Has the new series of The Apprentice started already?

HOLA4422

I'd personally put Wooney on the bench...Give him a kick up the... Put on Defoe & Gerrard on up front, and put three at the back...You have to go all out against Slovenia...Sod it..They ain't got much more to lose.

There are many reasons for failure - over hype is one, no english players playing abroad is another major fault..The "too many foreigners in the PS" is a complete red herring. You have the odd journeyman (an easy fix for a club) but on the whole, they improve the standard..you look at the best players over the last 10 years..Bergkamp, Henry, Zola, Cantona, etc..Without them, we'd be still stuck in the dark ages.

Its incredibly sad, that for a so called talented team, that we can't beat a load of Portsmouth, Wolves, etc players. They had nothing that we should be frightened of, and neither do Slovenia..

HOLA4423

Its incredibly sad, that for a so called talented team, that we can't beat a load of Portsmouth, Wolves, etc players.  They had nothing that we should be frightened of, and neither do Slovenia..

But we'll still lose ( I predict this in the hope that it will be as correct as my 2-0 prediction earlier). I'm secretly hoping that it's just settling in nerves.... but when you compare this team to ones we've had in the past, with Beckham, Owen, Gazza..... well, you just can't. There isn't a figurehead there, there is no King Henry, there is no team.... they should all go down to the pub together, get sh1tfaced, shag a few hookers and do a bit of male bonding. It will do them more good than the manager's "discipline". Fingers crossed.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived