House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Spart

The Usa Bitch Slaps Its Closest Allies With Manufactured Crises

The grilling the BP boss has just been put through on Capitol Hill was nothing short of a show trial in a Kangaroo Court.

Some questions:

The current BP crisis comes hard on the heels of the Toyota crisis. In both instances, bosses of highly successful foreign MNCs were made to cower in front of Congress like Christians being thrown to the lions at the Colosseum of another former militaristic empire. Mere coincidence? I don't think so.

The current BP crisis comes hard on the heels of the international banking crisis. In both instances, toxic assets (financial instruments and crude oil) caused catastrophe. Mere coincidence? Again, I don't think so.

The current BP crisis comes hard on the heels of the sinking of the South Korean warship - allegedly by North Korea. In both instances damage was caused underwater way out of sight from prying eyes causing an international crisis - damage that could easily have been caused with the use of armed submarines. Mere coincidence? Yet, again, I don't think so.

Ask yourself : How many other instances of a well blowing like that have you heard of? In case you didn't know the rig itself was being operated by Halliburton - former director one Darth Cheney.

Folks wake up.

The BP crisis, whose disasterous oil slick closely parallels the way the financial system was intoxicated, was sabotage - an attack carried out by mercenaries on the Gulf Of Mexico oil installation by the same people who carried out the sinking of the Korean warship for the same purpose as the Toyota disaster - the humiliation of an MNC from a competing nation in order to distract attention fron the home grown crisis that started on Wall Street.

Put the pieces togther for yourself.

America - like the gun toting pimp that it is, or some secretive sect within it, just bitch slapped its two closest allies Britain and Japan. So much for the special relationship.

Who is next for the manufactured crisis treatment?

I do think their showboating of these heads is a little lame. However to balance this viewpoint - they did the same with their own CEO's after the financial hooha.

There is something going on though. Strange. That big old thread on the main forum sums it up well- protectionism then war.

The grilling the BP boss has just been put through on Capitol Hill was nothing short of a show trial in a Kangaroo Court.

Some questions:

The current BP crisis comes hard on the heels of the Toyota crisis. In both instances, bosses of highly successful foreign MNCs were made to cower in front of Congress like Christians being thrown to the lions at the Colosseum of another former militaristic empire. Mere coincidence? I don't think so.

The current BP crisis comes hard on the heels of the international banking crisis. In both instances, toxic assets (financial instruments and crude oil) caused catastrophe. Mere coincidence? Again, I don't think so.

The current BP crisis comes hard on the heels of the sinking of the South Korean warship - allegedly by North Korea. In both instances damage was caused underwater way out of sight from prying eyes causing an international crisis - damage that could easily have been caused with the use of armed submarines. Mere coincidence? Yet, again, I don't think so.

Ask yourself : How many other instances of a well blowing like that have you heard of? In case you didn't know the rig itself was being operated by Halliburton - former director one Darth Cheney.

Folks wake up.

The BP crisis, whose disasterous oil slick closely parallels the way the financial system was intoxicated, was sabotage - an attack carried out by mercenaries on the Gulf Of Mexico oil installation by the same people who carried out the sinking of the Korean warship for the same purpose as the Toyota disaster - the humiliation of an MNC from a competing nation in order to distract attention fron the home grown crisis that started on Wall Street.

America - like the gun toting pimp that it is, or some secretive sect within it, just bitch slapped its two closest allies Britain and Japan. So much for the special relationship.

The only 'special relationship' of any importance to the Americans? Israel.

Motive?

Diveting attention from the banksters, diverting attention from the USA's woes and tarnishing the reputations of and inflicting economic hardship and shame on competitor nations and their most successful companies.

Some questions:

Folks wake up.

I gotta disagree with you on this Dave.

It's clear that BP were and still are grossly negligent as regards the Macondo well. Besides, BP is 39% owned by Americans.

As regards the Halliburton sabotage story, Cheney's former company told BP that their cementing did not accord with Halliburton best practice, but BP went ahead and cut corners anyway.

I agree this is manufactured.

Obama is clearly capitalising on this moment to boost his own ratings and be seen as the American hero, even though he really has a secret Kenyan passport.

Amazing that the Yanks are already trying to apportion blame.

Clearly, a big accident like this deserves investigation by an independent body, much like would happen in an air crash or nuclear accident.

This disaster is no different and probably only happened due to several other small things all going wrong beforehand.

There may not even be any negligence, it could simply be an accident, just like happens with flying and nuclear. Guess what Obama you d1ck, accidents do sometimes happen! That's the risk you take with this type of drilling.

In fact, I think the drilling should be regulated. If you want to build a nuclear power plant, you need to comply with a lot of rules to incredibly high safety factors. Does this happen in the oil industry? I don't think there are any proper regulators, are there? At least, any with clout.

More regulation as a result of this? A good thing, but not the original intention I'm sure.

Problem, Reaction, Solution.

Would not surprise me if the Obama administration took a sub and placed an explosive charge in exactly the right place. Would not be hard to do without leaving any trace.

The reaction is obvious.

The solution? Somehow this will ultimately benefit the USA govt. with regards to oil. Not sure how but I am sure of it.

btw this lambasting of the BritishPetroleum and the CEO is ridiculous. Americans look as stupid now as the Israelis have recently. It's time we stopped this "special relationship". But Cameron licks Bilderberg/NWO @rse so I can't see it happening in the next 20 years.

A shame, because I think breaking away from America would do this country a LOT of good. Our special relationship is continually at our expense: terrorism, this BP thing, one way extraditions etc. FU K C THE USA!!!!

I gotta disagree with you on this Dave.

It's clear that BP were and still are grossly negligent as regards the Macondo well. Besides, BP is 39% owned by Americans.

As regards the Halliburton sabotage story, Cheney's former company told BP that their cementing did not accord with Halliburton best practice, but BP went ahead and cut corners anyway.

Just because they were negligent doesn't mean that negligence was the cause of the disaster.

From what I understand all companies drilling the Gulf of Mexico are guilty of the same corner cutting yet somehow they don't incur the same problem.

I remain deeply suspicious. There's just been too many incidents like this over the last few years for the matter to be dismissed so easily.

Part of the problem are these flying accusations of cutting corners and compromising safety etc.

What is safe anyway? Surely it's a matter of judgement, how safe you make any project. There is no such thing as "safe" and "not safe". There are only degrees of safety. You can never rule out a catastrophe.

In the absence of a global regulator like the IAEA, just who is to judge BP? The government cannot say if a rig is safe or not. Engineering experts could but I'm yet to hear a single non-governmental opinion.

AFAIK, apart from a few odd rules, BP largely obeyed the law.

If you want safer rigs, legislate and put in some real regulators. Compared to the airline and nuke industries, oil gets off scot-free.

This all reminds me of Iraq. Vast majority of people think the decision was wrong and that they were vindicated by the outcome.

I'm sorry, but eventual outcome does not vindicate an earlier decision based on the information available at the time. It could have turned out different and outcome should not change your original judgement.

In the same way, just because 3 mile Island happened, do we stop using nuclear power? No, we accept that there are small but real risks.

Same with oil. Just because we have a catastrophe, do we stop all offshore oil drilling? Of course not! This is all headline grabbing, soundbite producing, Daily Wail bleating w@nkbank type politics. Unfortunately, this type of politics now rules our world.

It's like Gordo and that bigoted woman. Gordo was right, and he was entitled to his own opinion. But he got murdered for it.

No sabotage needed - just arrange matter so that no-marks get to run stuff.

Same way you get the FSA to fail badly, fill it with the useless and wait.

Guest Noodle

No sabotage needed - just arrange matter so that no-marks get to run stuff.

Same way you get the FSA to fail badly, fill it with the useless and wait.

The bigger firms get, the more they get like country clubs.

Then something happens.

Just because they were negligent doesn't mean that negligence was the cause of the disaster.

From what I understand all companies drilling the Gulf of Mexico are guilty of the same corner cutting yet somehow they don't incur the same problem.

I remain deeply suspicious. There's just been too many incidents like this over the last few years for the matter to be dismissed so easily.

There may have been other accidents, but none like this one. The scale of it has yet to be comprehended. :(

The only 'special relationship' of any importance to the Americans? Israel.

Obama has been very lukewarm to Israel too, notably in refusing to back Netanyahu publicly over the shenanigans off the coast of Gaza earlier this month, and is getting quite a lot of heat from the right as a result.

Obama has been very lukewarm to Israel too, notably in refusing to back Netanyahu publicly over the shenanigans off the coast of Gaza earlier this month, and is getting quite a lot of heat from the right as a result.

But no reaction to the American who had five bullets pumped into his head at close range.

Seems like the USA is still following the same strategy as it did when the USS Liberty was deliberately attacked by the Israelis.

I think that's probably just a publicity stunt.

the US are still supplying the isrealis with considerable amounts of military hardware,so I very much doubt their relationship is on the rocks in any big way.

our relationship with isreal,however,seems to be rather skewed by our sitting on the fence with regard to the EU.

the EU(primarily germany) have traditionally been hostile toward us,and our financial rape+pillage by the hand of brussels should be testament enough that we can't trust them.

The BP issue is being handled very badly on the part of the US,they are right to point out that it's time to stop sitting on the fence,but need to realise they are extremely unwise to alienate their allies.....they can't do it alone.

faced with a potential combined might of russia+china hovering around with nuclear-armed subs around their coastline,they will pay a very heavy price indeed if the likes of britain,france and possibly australia decide to take a back seat and say "not our problem".

I can't believe there aren't more conspiracy theories flying around. I mean, there are loads, but none have enough factoids attached to really fly.

Surely there are powers at work in the USA who would see a decimation of domestic oil production as a way to get more people on side for more oil wars in the gulf? That would be a good conspiracy theory.

Anyway, I don't see all the sympathy expressed for Hayward. It was a Wizard of OZ moment where this powerful industrial leader was exposed as a lightweight, emotionless Piers Morgan lookalike.

I have to admit this whole burn BP thing is a little strange.

The company who manufactured the oil rig, the blowout preventer and the company that operated and maintained the rig was American.

BP were merely leasing the rig.

With the same logic, it is like shooting someone, then blaming the gun shop you brought the gun off for your actions.

No offence to the Americans but you guys really have let yourselves down.

You drive your fat arses around in big 14mpg SUV's and consume 25% of the worlds energy resources, and you seem to hate "un-american" foreign oil.

So when a company comes along and gives you your cream cake of American oil supply, you then blame them for providing a service you want.

Thats like blaming the old lady behind the village shop, for your drink problem.

Some questions:

Folks wake up.

Mmm. Sounds a bit like a consipiracy theory - Imagine if there had a massive spill in the North Sea by a US company, and oil was washing up on the shore of the east coast of scotland - wouldn't we be doing the same.

But then again history shows us you can never really trust the americans, there always at the "frenemy" game of outwardly acting like allies, and spouting sanctimonious rethoric about liberty and freedom whilst looking to domineer as much as possible.

Diveting attention from the banksters, diverting attention from the USA's woes and tarnishing the reputations of and inflicting economic hardship and shame on competitor nations and their most successful companies.

Banks cause millions to lose jobs......they get billions from the USA

BP cause thousands to lose their jobs.... the pay billions to USA

Hypocritical?

Guest Noodle

Banks cause millions to lose jobs......they get billions from the USA

BP cause thousands to lose their jobs.... the pay billions to USA

Hypocritical Criminal?

:)