House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Hayfever

Annoying. Even nearing high levels up here in Jockland today.

I didnt get it at all until 16. Then gradually got worse until about 28. On a 0-5 scale I went from 0-4 in 12 years. Tried all sorts of stuff, eye drops, nasal sprays and all. For the past few years I have tried a homeopathic remedy. Works a treat. Who knows, it may just be a placebo - works anyway. Now down to about a 1 on the scale.

If you suffer from this then give it a try. The recipe on my remedy is below. Although you can chop and change with other stuff. The homeo chaps/chapesses should know what they are doing.

I start taking it a few weeks before the season starts. First few years took it 2-3 times a day. Now I only take it once a day and only get very minor hayfever. Result. :)

30c Allium Cepa/Euphrasia/sabadilla/mix pollen

I tried it because I had tried lots of other stuff and thought - "Why ******ing not?".

Glad I did.

I didnt get it at all until 16. Then gradually got worse until about 28. On a 0-5 scale I went from 0-4 in 12 years. Tried all sorts of stuff, eye drops, nasal sprays and all. For the past few years I have tried a homeopathic remedy. Works a treat. Who knows, it may just be a placebo - works anyway. Now down to about a 1 on the scale.

If you suffer from this then give it a try. The recipe on my remedy is below. Although you can chop and change with other stuff. The homeo chaps/chapesses should know what they are doing.

I start taking it a few weeks before the season starts. First few years took it 2-3 times a day. Now I only take it once a day and only get very minor hayfever. Result. :)

I tried it because I had tried lots of other stuff and thought - "Why ******ing not?".

Glad I did.

Thanks. I'll think I'll try that. The last couple of days have been quite bad havn't they......I take tablets, eye drops and since last year, a new kind of nasal spray which I've found to be the best thing to aleviate the discomfort. Tablets are:Fexofenadine Hyrochloride, Eye dropsare: Rapitil and for me....the best thing.....the nasal spray: Avamys nasal spray suspension. Combined, I get by quite well whereas for many years, I dreaded the onset of summer.

Thanks. I'll think I'll try that. The last couple of days have been quite bad havn't they......I take tablets, eye drops and since last year, a new kind of nasal spray which I've found to be the best thing to aleviate the discomfort. Tablets are:Fexofenadine Hyrochloride, Eye dropsare: Rapitil and for me....the best thing.....the nasal spray: Avamys nasal spray suspension. Combined, I get by quite well whereas for many years, I dreaded the onset of summer.

I got nailed twice this year by hayfever as I spent a month in NZ in Dec/Jan. :(

It's started late this year in the UK but I can feel it now.

Thanks for the suggestion ccc.

Hope this info helps - I got this suggested on another internet chat forum a few years back so just passing it on.

Another good thing to do is nasal irrigation. They also do it in yoga I believe. Basically you tilt your head to the side - then force water into the upper nostril and it comes out the other. Cleaning out your nose and sinuses at the same time. You use a little pure salt or bicarbonate of soda in the water.

You can use a proper Neti yoga pot. I just got a 10ml oral syringe from Boots. Has a nice wee thing on the end for sucking up liquid from bottles - fits perfectly in the nostril !!

Seems to clean out the nostrils of pollen pretty well. Just a shower for your nasal cavity really. Funny feeling the first few times you do it but you get used to it. Have a google if interested. It is wierd - but ****** it for hayfever I would do anything.

Hope this info helps - I got this suggested on another internet chat forum a few years back so just passing it on.

Another good thing to do is nasal irrigation. They also do it in yoga I believe. Basically you tilt your head to the side - then force water into the upper nostril and it comes out the other. Cleaning out your nose and sinuses at the same time. You use a little pure salt or bicarbonate of soda in the water.

You can use a proper Neti yoga pot. I just got a 10ml oral syringe from Boots. Has a nice wee thing on the end for sucking up liquid from bottles - fits perfectly in the nostril !!

Seems to clean out the nostrils of pollen pretty well. Just a shower for your nasal cavity really. Funny feeling the first few times you do it but you get used to it. Have a google if interested. It is wierd - but ****** it for hayfever I would do anything.

Don't forget to use good quality urine - preferably your own.

Don't forget to use good quality urine - preferably your own.

Are you being serious ? Never know with you !!

Yeah going swimming works for a few hours for me, so this makes sense.

As it's a public pool then TMTs remark about urine is probably valid as well....

My son has had good results with Butterbur (Petasites). He reacts to birch pollen that comes earlier in the season to the grass pollens. He usually gets pretty bad asthma with it but the Butterbur seems to have helped him this year. Might be worth a try.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/324/7330/144?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=petasites+hayfever&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=date&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15005644

I thought I was going to escape uneffected this year but as someone else said it was just a late onset.

I just avoid going outside now. I'm sat in now with the windows closed. I have to hang washing and it's followed by an hour of misery plus I'm considering using the tumble dryer because the clothes just come in covered in pollen and make the whole thing worse again.

With regards the nasal wash I do find that swilling out my nose and washing all around my mouth, which gets incredibly itchy, really helps it to subside.

So... nobody's tried the avamys nasal spray then?

Nah not myself. Prefer the more natural option (Unless it is natural ?).

The annoying thing with my hayfever is it randomly started about age 16. Prior to that I could have had fresh grass chucked in my face and I wouldn't have noticed.

So my own body, for some reson, decided to choose that it didn't like pollen anymore. Now I am in control of my own body - so technically there must be a way i can just do the opposite. If only I could work out how. If I decide, even subconsiously, that I don't like pollen anymore - then I must also have the power to do the opposite. That is simple logic. Now how to actually go about it...

Glad I did.

If it's any consolation, hayfever becomes less of a problem as you get older.

I started in the hot summer of '76 and it was unpleasant for many years.

However, I've not had a problem with it for 5-6 years.

I've had hayfever this year too :-(

Not had any problems with it for years, but since both my cats died my allergies seem to be coming back to haunt me! Been taking local honey which seems to have with the symptoms.

As I'm fair haired/blue eyed with pale skin the factor 50 sunblock has also been out! I'm not a summer girl at all .....

My uncle seems to be getting worse with age. I started to suffer at age 14 but no problem at all before that. I was around 14 when mine developed. Strange isn't it? How expensive is the natural 'potion' you mention in your first post ccc?

Had it since a teenager but 20-odd years later I think it is disappearing....for the most part. Get it off trees. All kinds of tree pollen, stuff that floats through the air like snow, or gathers on the ground. Horse chestnut, birch, many more I'm sure.

This year it is less bad. I am not taking anything. Have to avoid some routes on my bike because otherwise I will be in agony. Also, loving it when it rains.

What worked for me was Beconase spray. However, I looked up some info on these corticosteroids. They play havoc with your adrenal glands or some other part of your hormonal system. I really don't want to use this stuff again but it definitely works well.

Might look into some of these remedies. I don't believe in homeopathy but I may still try it.

If it's any consolation, hayfever becomes less of a problem as you get older.

I started in the hot summer of '76 and it was unpleasant for many years.

However, I've not had a problem with it for 5-6 years.

So it lasted abut 30 years ? I wonder why we seem to grow into it then out of it. Strange.

My uncle seems to be getting worse with age. I started to suffer at age 14 but no problem at all before that. I was around 14 when mine developed. Strange isn't it? How expensive is the natural 'potion' you mention in your first post ccc?

I got mine from a shop. They made up wee pills with all the stuff mixed together. You can get the individual stuff online but then you ahve to work out how much of each to use and all - better to get someone do it for you I reckon. For enough to last me through the summer ? Was £5-10 I think. Cheap as.

I don't think it will work for everyone but I know a few that it has worked wonders - and no man made chemicals involved. You just suck the wee tablets, don't take with water or anything. And you are suppsed to take on a 'clean' mouth. No strong tasting food or drink 10 minutes before or after.