House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackpot06

Aprilia Habana 50 Cc

Thinking of buying one this weekend, but need to start with 50 cc as I don't have CBT etc --plan to use the 50 cc to learn on and move up in due course to a higher spec.

Also how easy is it to check for HIre Purchase agreements still outstanding on a Scooter ?

Thanks ..for any insights / info.

Thinking of buying one this weekend, but need to start with 50 cc as I don't have CBT etc --plan to use the 50 cc to learn on and move up in due course to a higher spec.

Also how easy is it to check for HIre Purchase agreements still outstanding on a Scooter ?

Simple answer No.

When did you pass your test? You need a CBT even to drive a 50cc moped if you passed your test after 2001.

50cc bikes are legally limited to 30mph - although people modify them to go faster it is often cheaper to just but a higher spec one and it is illegal! Think about going down that A road and only being able to do 30mph - I did on my CBT test and it is dangerous and very underpowered.

Go for a 100cc or 125cc moped, eg piaggio zip or an older peugeot speedfight (which is what I've got) - top speed of about 55mph and very nippy. Costs a fiver to fill-up and £15 road tax. Only problem is having to do the CBT test but it was only about £70 and was actually quite useful for me as I had never driven a scoot before.

Also with regards to the finance it should come up on a HPI check.

You should be able to pick a decent 100/125cc scooter for about £500-750 - just go for an unmodified one that isn't owned by a teenager that has thrashed it to death.

I picked up my 100cc Speedfight with 2000km for £400 from ebay!

Guest Noodle

Go and buy a Kawasaki ER6n of ER6f restricted to 33bhp and do the direct access course.

Good bike. Easy to ride for a beginner. Will still pull 0-60mph in 3.8 seconds and tops out at 130mph. But more importantly an old codger like me with dodgy joints can ride one without fear.