House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gus

Donny For Ceo

Well ,I thought Paulson was bad,but compared to Hayward he was pure eloquence personified. There's an Orang Utan in Bogor Zoo, a warm cuddy sort of fella, and I'm 100% sure that he'd have performed better than TH after a week of media training.

This is a man who has been very, very badly advised. He should never have exposed himself to these corrupt buffoons until the issues of liability had been fully and finally resolved . Will this escrow account be seen as prima facie evidence of an acceptance of liability ? If these shites are prepared to retrospectively change laws to suit themselves they will stop at nothing.

But TH reminded me of a timid little schoolboy, called to book in the Headmaster's office squirmingly receiving his reprimand; a rabbit caught in the headlights. And whilst part of me felt sorry for the gut who is clearly exhausted, I'm forced to ask, "Is this really the best we've got?". He may well have a doctorate in geology and be an academic whizz, but his media and communication skills are non-existent, he has no gravitas and aura of authority.

Last night I watched this unfold, initially squirming in my seat with embarrassment for him, and later greatly agitated for his lack of ability to speak up and give it to them. Compare the performance of that shite Lloyd *****stein in standing up for himself. Was this just another case of the job simply going to the right old school tie ? When will we Brits ever learn?

Yeah, the snippets I saw of Hayward in front of congress yesterday didn't show his performance in a good light. Two thoughts cross my mind... was some kind of deal struck with Obama limiting the payout as long as BP quietly absorb the anger and blame, or is there a huge untold / undiscovered element of this story that Hayward fears may make it into the public domain later this year..?

I watched it. It was painful. He has that unfortunate lips/mouth combination that makes him look as if he is smirking all the time but I was never sure whether he was smirking or whether he was being destroyed.

Painful to watch but how on Earth did he rise to become CEO of BP? Truly staggered. Then again, the Chairman is equally unimpressive.

Both of them lack Communication skills for most modern Western countries let alone the US. If they were acting like that in front of us we would equally be shocked.

I kind of felt a bit sorry for him to be honest. It looks like he's been thrown to the dogs - I suspect some of the answers he genuinely couldn't answer. just because he is the CEO, doesn't mean he knows everything about what has/is happening. They are all politicians remember, able to spin, ******** and obfuscate for a living and can't quite understand why this english fella is unable to answer the questions they ask. i also suspect some of it is down to the way they are asking questions - we may share the same words but christ! they don't half know how to put them in the wrong order.

One of the pricks even said something along the lines of "this is a catastrophe, look at the polls" (or similar)

Look at the flucking polls you twát? I wonder what that guys priority was when saying that.?

I kind of felt a bit sorry for him to be honest. It looks like he's been thrown to the dogs - I suspect some of the answers he genuinely couldn't answer. just because he is the CEO, doesn't mean he knows everything about what has/is happening.

That is part of the job description of a CEO, fall guy. You know this when you take the job on.

That is why they all have nice golden parachutes in their contracts, cos unless you got as parachute, you don't get on the plane.

I wouldn't feel too bad for him.

Yeah, the snippets I saw of Hayward in front of congress yesterday didn't show his performance in a good light. Two thoughts cross my mind... was some kind of deal struck with Obama limiting the payout as long as BP quietly absorb the anger and blame, or is there a huge untold / undiscovered element of this story that Hayward fears may make it into the public domain later this year..?

Well, I just thought he looked as if he was about to burt into tears at any moment. For a man in his position you expect a certain level of linguistic fluidity, the verbal expression of a highly analytical, incisive mind . I wanted him to coldly expose their self-serving bombast and ignorance but he seemed to shrink before my eyes as the night wore on.

Probably his lawyers told him to say as little as humanly possible , but if that's the case it lead to a very unconvincing performance.Dead man walking, parachute or no.

I kind of felt a bit sorry for him to be honest. It looks like he's been thrown to the dogs - I suspect some of the answers he genuinely couldn't answer. just because he is the CEO, doesn't mean he knows everything about what has/is happening. They are all politicians remember, able to spin, ******** and obfuscate for a living and can't quite understand why this english fella is unable to answer the questions they ask. i also suspect some of it is down to the way they are asking questions - we may share the same words but christ! they don't half know how to put them in the wrong order.

One of the pricks even said something along the lines of "this is a catastrophe, look at the polls" (or similar)

Look at the flucking polls you twát? I wonder what that guys priority was when saying that.?

The Senator who was asking questions and then who would say "Put it in the record" when the BP guy replied just sounded like a tosser IMPO.

Well ,I thought Paulson was bad,but compared to Hayward he was pure eloquence personified. There's an Orang Utan in Bogor Zoo, a warm cuddy sort of fella, and I'm 100% sure that he'd have performed better than TH after a week of media training.

This is a man who has been very, very badly advised. He should never have exposed himself to these corrupt buffoons until the issues of liability had been fully and finally resolved . Will this escrow account be seen as prima facie evidence of an acceptance of liability ? If these shites are prepared to retrospectively change laws to suit themselves they will stop at nothing.

But TH reminded me of a timid little schoolboy, called to book in the Headmaster's office squirmingly receiving his reprimand; a rabbit caught in the headlights. And whilst part of me felt sorry for the gut who is clearly exhausted, I'm forced to ask, "Is this really the best we've got?". He may well have a doctorate in geology and be an academic whizz, but his media and communication skills are non-existent, he has no gravitas and aura of authority.

Last night I watched this unfold, initially squirming in my seat with embarrassment for him, and later greatly agitated for his lack of ability to speak up and give it to them. Compare the performance of that shite Lloyd *****stein in standing up for himself. Was this just another case of the job simply going to the right old school tie ? When will we Brits ever learn?

Hayward's vernacular let the side down somewhat.

Must admit I felt sorry for him too. Millions in the bank or not,that's the sort of stress that shortens lives.

Why on earth didn't he refer to his engineering back-up bod who could have baffled the dipsticks with jargon and technicalese.

By the end I just wanted him to stand up and say, "so how much exactly have you put into the escrow account for Bhopal?" before turning his back on them and walking out .

Lord Browne would have put up a better performace.

I'm sure you're right. Needed the bull-shyt and cockiness of a Blair.