House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Traktion

Question Time

Chris Hume seems to get it - Greece, now Spain... who next?

BUT... why is no one discussing the moral case over borrowing at all? Why has it become acceptable to tax future generations, to fix today's problems?

Also, why is it that Labour and supporters seem to think that the only place investment comes from, is the government?! Jobs and investment? JUST STOP TAXING US TO DEATH, ALONG WITH OUR UNBORN CHILDREN, YOU MORONS! :angry:

Give me strength!

Meh! Now talking about BP causing problems for pensioners. Is the government supposed to make good bad investments too now? Any investment carries risk and if 1 in 7 pension fund managers thought BP to be a good investment, then they were mistaken in this case. That's how risk/reward works... you take the risk, hoping for a good return, not a guaranteed reward.

Wee Jeffrey was on.. . . . . . . Didn't utter a word after the first 5 minutes and the topics turned to 'bread and butter issues.' :rolleyes:

That wn---er Peter Hain has the audacity to say he is worried about jobs for people here , did not seem to worrie when his party let god knows how many people into the country , what did he think happend to the people who did not get a job as an immigrant had taken it .

I had to turn it over. The ignorance and stupidity of the vast majority of the general public really annoys me.

They seem to think this deficit (They don't even understand the difference between thie and the actual debt) is comparable to borrowing a tenner off your pal and delaying giving it back until you have come back from holiday.

They just do not get it. They don't get the scale of it. I think most do not want to get it....

I had to turn it over. The ignorance and stupidity of the vast majority of the general public really annoys me.

They seem to think this deficit (They don't even understand the difference between thie and the actual debt) is comparable to borrowing a tenner off your pal and delaying giving it back until you have come back from holiday.

They just do not get it. They don't get the scale of it. I think most do not want to get it....

Nail on head! Unfortunately the only way most people realise that the end result of spending money you have not got (in perpetuity) is for them/their business/their country to actually go broke.

I avoided the programme due to all the whining that had gone on earlier over the £2bn cuts announced earlier and sort of suspect the BBC would cause trouble over what where effectively Labour pre-election bribes.

Oh and maybe the City experts on here could comment as to why Sheffield Forgemasters needs to go to government for loans and not our wonderful banks or City institutions?

The City isn't working.

Guest Mrs Bradley

I turned it off as soon as I saw that prat Peter Hain. I can't abide him.mad.gif He is such a liar/phoney, utter hypocrite.

Bring back tarring and feathering, I say.ph34r.gif

Meh! Now talking about BP causing problems for pensioners. Is the government supposed to make good bad investments too now? Any investment carries risk and if 1 in 7 pension fund managers thought BP to be a good investment, then they were mistaken in this case. That's how risk/reward works... you take the risk, hoping for a good return, not a guaranteed reward.

Its the conclusion of the "everyone's a winner" lowest common denominator, infantilisation of the populace. There can be no loss, no-one must ever suffer the consequence of their own pseudo choices, the govt is here to look after you.

I avoided the programme due to all the whining that had gone on earlier over the £2bn cuts announced earlier and sort of suspect the BBC would cause trouble over what where effectively Labour pre-election bribes.

Oh and maybe the City experts on here could comment as to why Sheffield Forgemasters needs to go to government for loans and not our wonderful banks or City institutions?

The City isn't working.

What what you prefer a fairy turning up with magic money and a very low interest rate or paying commercial rates to a bank?

There is no indication that Forgemasters ever went for a loan to the banks let alone got turned down.

I think this is right. My post today on the 8 up sessions in a row on the FTSE is reflection of this mindless optimism.