House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pytyr

Words Fail Me!

Guest Noodle

£285,000

:blink::lol:

Worse still! Greedy feckers, bent too.

This property is offered for sale on the instructions of Welwyn Hatfield Council (WHC) and the following conditions will apply.

If the property - being the land and buildings known as 52 Bridge Road - or any part thereof is redeveloped either in isolation or as part of a larger development scheme, WHC will be entitled to 50% of the uplift in value generated by the redevelopment if sold within a year of purchase. This percentage will reduce by 5% per annum so that no further sum is payable after the tenth year.

The purchaser will agree that any uplift in value is to be assessed by the District Valuer. The cost of the District Valuer's opinion will be paid for by the purchaser, or his/her successors in title.

:lol::lol::lol:

Key features:

STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS

SEMI DETACHED

RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS

SITTING ROOM

KITCHEN

THREE BEDROOMS

CHAIN FREE

17444_37043A_37043_IMG_04_0000.JPG

Yeeeesss. What exactly is that rather worrying streak of bare masonry and brickwork on the left there?

P.S. It looks like a crime scene house with narrow rooms and no windows. You can just imagine the estate agent:

"Yes, this room benefits from a very cool and well humidified feel due to the menacing air left by the previous occupants who were all butchered as they sat round this fireplace. Let's look at the bathroom ... "

Yeah, but its in Hertfordshire. I figure they have their own currency or something with an exchange rate of 2 hertfordshire pounds to 1 British pound.

I remember posting this desirable Hertfordshire cottage a couple of months back.

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/LotDetails.asp?A=638&MP=84&ID=638000002&S=L&O=A

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=139735

.. and I `ll raise you....

(**warning the following offer may cause you to die of laughter**)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25837303.html?premiumA=true

That's an amazing shower! I'm fairly slim, but you would have to be a stick man to have a shower in that (and then there would the twin problems of being that slim - having to move about to get wet in the shower, while at the same time trying not to fall down the plug hole :D )

There is a bizarre sub-set of English that appears in these adverts "the entire flat has had the advantage of new carpeting throughout". Since it has had the advantage, does that mean it no longer has it? Is carpet an advantage? Such wording always seems like a teenager trying to write like they are, like clever, like.

QB

This property is offered for sale on the instructions of Welwyn Hatfield Council (WHC) and the following conditions will apply.

If the property - being the land and buildings known as 52 Bridge Road - or any part thereof is redeveloped either in isolation or as part of a larger development scheme, WHC will be entitled to 50% of the uplift in value generated by the redevelopment if sold within a year of purchase. This percentage will reduce by 5% per annum so that no further sum is payable after the tenth year.

The purchaser will agree that any uplift in value is to be assessed by the District Valuer. The cost of the District Valuer's opinion will be paid for by the purchaser, or his/her successors in title.

They must mean net uplift in value? Perhaps not!

Of all the things you could do with 285K cash, this 'project' with its 10 year contingent liabilities would not be high on my list.

Agreed, if they want the profit so bad why don't they do it.... oh no I forgot, that would involve risk and decision making.... greedy bastards

Guest Noodle

Agreed, if they want the profit so bad why don't they do it.... oh no I forgot, that would involve risk and decision making.... greedy bastards

Sums the fvckers up, dunit?

So they want to realise the 'value' of the property and, with zero remaining holding, they also want to milk any potential profit? :rolleyes:

They should do dragons den with an idea like that. I am sure they would like the idea of doing nothing, risking nothing and getting a profit from it!

So they want to realise the 'value' of the property and, with zero remaining holding, they also want to milk any potential profit? :rolleyes:

They should do dragons den with an idea like that. I am sure they would like the idea of doing nothing, risking nothing and getting a profit from it!

I actually think this could be contrived as using their own power planning/passing ability to profit, is this allowed?

I don't doubt it happens but to do it this openly sounds quite dodgy from a legal stand point

I would touch a property that would give the local council MY profit, they can bloody well do it themselves.....useless feckers

Clawback clauses. Very popular with councils, church commissioners and the like. Should be called 'cake and eat it' clauses. Note they want to use their own valuation too.

Clawback clauses. Very popular with councils, church commissioners and the like. Should be called 'cake and eat it' clauses. Note they want to use their own valuation too.

Perhaps that is why it is still for sale :)

Edit it's under offer.... perhaps a council worker has bought it :)

Edited by robo1968