House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KevinRawlinson

The Independent Case Study Request...

Hi all,

We're putting together a package for The Independent's budget coverage. I'm looking for someone who is likely to be heavily affected by any changes to Capital Gains Tax who fancies putting their views across in the paper when the budget is announced on Tuesday 22nd June.

Would need to do a picture with our photographer between now and that day...

From previous experiences as a journo on here, let the abuse commence... :D

PS sorry if I've put this thread in the wrong forum. If I have, let me know and I'll shift it.

Kevin Rawlinson

Well, I'm hoping that it will make a few more houses available at sensible prices if that helps you?

i hope they bleed the scumlords dry....amateur landlords are a menace to society and they hide behind the "its my pension "excuse but in reality they are bleeding the economy dry,,a FEW years ago you would get no dhss but now they jump at the chance because the taxpayer is making these Muppets rich.. housing allowance to be set at a rate that does not make them a fortune each month would be a start..

today the housing minister said on working lunch..."the days of buying a house just for profit should be over,, just buy for a roof over your heads" what a refreshing change....declen went white with fright and asked was that a hint of what's coming up in the budget,, :P:P:P

i sign contracts for my house on budget day if that helps...

Black mark right now for (apparently) not doing your homework. Google would've told you the subject has been discussed at length here.

I don't have the URL, but a few days ago someone posted a URL to an opinion poll commissioned by that that Great Campaigner for the Outraged, the Daily Mail. In contrast to their editorial line, they found 76% in favour of raising CGT!

Or you could look at an article in a forum explicitly for investors, like the Motley Fool. Contrast this article to the bulk of the comments!