House Price Crash Forum

Anywhere Else Into Breadless Sarnies And Burgers?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Good idea, nice one Tulip! :)

Yes, you can sit there eating your bunless burger whilst watching your ex woof down 18kg of pasta!

A friend of mine who was several stone overweight went breadless at the start of the year and he is now a much thinner, healthier looking person. The only other thing he does is go for walks.

Also cut back on potatoes but grains, i.e. wheat, he has cut out altogether.

HOLA444
Guest Noodle

Yes, you can sit there eating your bunless burger whilst watching your ex woof down 18kg of pasta!

A friend of mine who was several stone overweight went breadless at the start of the year and he is now a much thinner, healthier looking person. The only other thing he does is go for walks.

Also cut back on potatoes but grains, i.e. wheat, he has cut out altogether.

I'm closer now to being 'thin' than ever before, but I think that's down to something else.

Yes, go on a diabetic diet and it falls off.

HOLA445

When people give up wheat they often miss it but it is the texture they miss - when people eat bread they often talk about the texture.

So if you replace bread with crispy lettuce - important it is crispy - then you get the texture back and your brain is fooled and happy.

Instead of poached or scrambled eggs on toast have them on a pile of crispy lettuce. Add some other crunchy veg - onions, spring onions, peppers finely chopped, etc - and you don't misst he bread.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest theboltonfury

In the context of sandwiches, crisp iceburg lettuce is a remarkable substitute for bread.

Wonderful for the summer months.

I'd like to try, but it sounds like a dribbly mess waiting to find my fingers.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

When people give up wheat they often miss it but it is the texture they miss - when people eat bread they often talk about the texture.

So if you replace bread with crispy lettuce - important it is crispy - then you get the texture back and your brain is fooled and happy.

Instead of poached or scrambled eggs on toast have them on a pile of crispy lettuce. Add some other crunchy veg - onions, spring onions, peppers finely chopped, etc - and you don't misst he bread.

I love the yeasty taste of a crusty loaf, I also love the nuttiness of a seedy wholemeal. Texture is only part of it. Lettuce goes inside a sandwich along with bacon and tomato.... end of.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

A few of us on here have been saying this for a while, but iceberg lettuce would be best bet for a hamburger wrap. Try and avoid the processed cheese though and sprinkly on grated cheddar. Also add some avocado full of healthy FAT!

By the way in macdonalds I dispose of the bun and its amazing how little is left!

Stay off pizza. I think its time to big up the omelette as an alternative to high carb pizza, and you can incorporate all your favourite toppings into an omelette.

I find a four egg omelette with cheese, diced brocolli, cauli, peppers, ham (or chopped bacon) is all I pretty much need in a day.

HOLA4420

Yes, omelettes are an excellent meal and you can change them by the toppings you stick in.

Very good for you.

I avoid British cheeses as much of them are processed much - heck, most of them lack calcium nowadays not that they advertise that.

Stick with Dutch and Swiss cheese. Emmental is very good because of the way it is made - probiotic.

HOLA4421

Yes, omelettes are an excellent meal and you can change them by the toppings you stick in.

Very good for you.

I avoid British cheeses as much of them are processed much - heck, most of them lack calcium nowadays not that they advertise that.

Stick with Dutch and Swiss cheese. Emmental is very good because of the way it is made - probiotic.

You are probably right about the cheeses and I'm slightly uncomfortable about deriving a lot of my fat intake from dairy. Hence the avocadot route. I do like Brie and french cheeses though, but never gone in deeply into what are good/bad cheeses, only that to avoid the bright orange processed stuff (as they may be made from trans fats rather than dairy).

I also prefer cream to milk (less carbs). There is a farm near me that sells and delivers unpasteurised milk which I might try.

HOLA4422
Guest Noodle

You are probably right about the cheeses and I'm slightly uncomfortable about deriving a lot of my fat intake from dairy. Hence the avocadot route. I do like Brie and french cheeses though, but never gone in deeply into what are good/bad cheeses, only that to avoid the bright orange processed stuff (as they may be made from trans fats rather than dairy).

I also prefer cream to milk (less carbs). There is a farm near me that sells and delivers unpastuerised milk which I might try.

Do let us know how you get on with that, Louis. :o

Archived