House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Honesty!

In 2006, people were caught up in a speculative fervour.

To-day, people don't actually want to live within 200m of a major motorway and right on top of train tracks.

Crashes start with collapses in the price of houses in terrible locations. Eventually they get cheap enough that people are willing to compromise again which then drags everything else lower.

I wish this crash would happen at karate speed. Unflortunately, it is going to happen at tai chi speed. The moves are the same but the pace is different.

it's really interesting what kind of variation there is. I'm in harrogate area and things have been selling very quickly, and not necessarily going down in price either, but I think the tide may be changing.

I reckon there's a lot of regional stuff at play.

This property was purchased for £190,000 just over 4 years ago and is now up for sale for £147,500 - a drop of £42,500!!!!

Corrected.

This property was purchased by some idiot for more than double its true worth just over 4 years ago and is now up for sale for well over its true worth today - an illusion of saving £42,500!!!

that corner of ashton under lyne is a bit of a bombsite, which is a pity as there are some absolutely fantastically sized terrace properties around there. It's one of those it looks a goer on rightmove, until you take a drive around the one way system and exit the area without bothering to stop.