House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Caveat Mortgagor

The Best Time To Buy A Home Is Probably........

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/business/Best-time-buy-homes-probably-years/article-2316486-detail/article.html

edit to add:

Ignore most of financial press, they are written to reflect past or present, the future is never analysed and prepared for.

If you bought in 2009, now is the time to sell.

Public sector culling

Interest rates are going to go up.

CGT will deter BTL.

Poss flight to security of index linked investments(away from BTL); less than 5% yield with (at best) no capital appreciation not attractive whilst inflation is taking hold.

Does this Peter McGahan browse this forum?

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

Sensible sounding sentiment from a smell-sensitive so-and-so;

The current smelly downturn was pretty much averted with a squirt of financial perfume, which has come to an end. The real pain has yet to unwind.

He seems to be predicting a massive deflationary fart cascade which will take 2 years to clear from the air.

Hold your noses.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/business/Best-time-buy-homes-probably-years/article-2316486-detail/article.html

edit to add:

Ignore most of financial press, they are written to reflect past or present, the future is never analysed and prepared for.

Interest rates are going to go up. CGT will deter BTL

good article about why investors should steer well clear at the moment.

edit to add:

Interest rates are going to go up. CGT will deter BTL

interest rates are not going to go up this year IMO, and next year maybe to 2% they are going to keep them as low as possible for as long as they can, i cant ever see them going back to 5 -6 %

interest rates are not going to go up this year IMO, and next year maybe to 2% they are going to keep them as low as possible for as long as they can, i cant ever see them going back to 5 -6 %

Really?

They won't have a choice on interest rates. When the markets won't buy our gilts and bonds anymore interest rates will go up. It's either that or the country grinds to a halt.

Edited by Jay76

The money markets are gradually enforcing rate rises. The standard VR's of most have recently gone up with no base rate hike - now 3.99% or more. That process will continue.

Really?

They won't have a choice on interest rates. When the markets won't buy our gilts and bonds anymore interest rates will go up. It's either that or the country grinds to a halt.

Why would the demand for govt debt ever go away? All we need to do is keep printing money and the country will never grind to a halt.

I reckon this was Brown's strategy.

But I agree, I think Osborne will raise rates. Not because it makes more sense but because he is in league with the NWO and this is what they want as part of their final solution.

Problem

Reaction

Solution

Why would the demand for govt debt ever go away?

Probably because:

All we need to do is keep printing money and the country will never grind to a halt.

Which would devalue the debt. Why loan out money who's value you'll never get back, let alone increase?

But I agree, I think Osborne will raise rates.

Osbourne cannot raise rates. This is solely the remit of the BoE.