House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef319

Another Landlord Sells From Under Us!

So, 2nd time in 3yrs, a landlord has decided to sell the house he/they let.

Been living here for 2yrs and we WERE very happy.

We thought it'd be nice to buy it until we heard their asking price

http://www.propertylive.co.uk/searchdetail.aspx?propId=773_20487418

MADNESS we thought. However, 1 week later, 1 viewer, it was sold (STC), for less than 2% off asking price. :o

Anyhow...I was just looking through Rightmove to see what's new in the last 24hrs, and I spot this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26353489.html

Basically, exactly the same, in the same road, only it's £51k cheaper!!!

Who the hell are "Express Estate Agency" anyway? I've seen a couple of houses in Stevenage on with them and more realistic prices...are they a new company?

They've got 787 properties spread out all over the country. I assume they're one of those companies for people who'd rather sell at 75% of 'market value' within 4 weeks rather than get repossessed and risk it being sold for that anyway but having the black mark on their credit history.

If the place is the same layout and you're that happy there, you thinking of buying it?

They've got 787 properties spread out all over the country. I assume they're one of those companies for people who'd rather sell at 75% of 'market value' within 4 weeks rather than get repossessed and risk it being sold for that anyway but having the black mark on their credit history.

If the place is the same layout and you're that happy there, you thinking of buying it?

Would be tempted but it's out of our price range at the moment. We've been looking at things around the 150k mark but getting a mortgage is proving a little more difficult than we expected. Seems you have to be squeeky clean...lol.

Never mind, no mortgage, we'll keep renting. Just getting sick of moving house!!

So it's still only sold STC? If I was buying and saw the same house 50k cheaper, I think I know what I'd be doing.

To be honest my wife and I were discussing it earlier. The would-be-buyer is coming round on Sunday to do some measuring...we were wondering if we should drop hints about "the house round the corner"... :lol:

To be honest my wife and I were discussing it earlier. The would-be-buyer is coming round on Sunday to do some measuring...we were wondering if we should drop hints about "the house round the corner"... :lol:

Two ways to approach it

1) as you suggested

or (depending on your mood/relationship with the landlord or whatever)

2) Tell the would-be-buyer to go away until you move out

Speaking for myself, if im moving by choice and people want to view, then hey fine doesnt really bother me. If im being moved then nobody is viewing anything until im gone.. period!

But if you are happy with viewings then fair enough, each to their own ;)

I have always been happy for people to look around but if people ask me a question I'm going to answer it.

Stuff like...

Q : "Why are you not buying it" *

A : "It's overpriced by about £100K"

Q : "Is it a nice area"

A : "No it's really noisy"

As far as I'm concerned I have as much loyalty to the people spending a quarter of million on a place than I do to a Landlord. I'm not suggesting I actively go out to mess the Landlord around, just that I'll answer any question with the truth.

* Most people do ask that one and 9/10 they agree.

Edited by gilf

Could do with a nice front page headline like, "house prices dropping like a stone" to leave on the coffee table. :lol:

Not subtle enough. You leave the details of the house that is 50k cheaper on the coffee table with comments added like same size room....

Then ensure they see it by offering to make them a coffee and ensure they sit down while waiting for it.

Edited by eek

So, 2nd time in 3yrs, a landlord has decided to sell the house he/they let.

Anyhow...I was just looking through Rightmove to see what's new in the last 24hrs, and I spot this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26353489.html

Basically, exactly the same, in the same road, only it's £51k cheaper!!!

Who the hell are "Express Estate Agency" anyway? I've seen a couple of houses in Stevenage on with them and more realistic prices...are they a new company?

Probably a typo with the 5 and 0 transposed. :lol:

They've got 821 properties now. Am sure it wasn't anywhere near that much last time I looked.

A company to monitor the numbers of.

787 on 17th June. (from earlier post)