House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bootfair

A New Not For Proft Energy Supplier

I don't know if anyone has heard of this..the guy was interviewed on R4 a few weeks ago. Interesting stuff. The guy is a millionaire who apparently has decided its wrong for people to be held over a barrel for basic necessity.

By the way - this is not spam and I'm not related to the company - which claims, in any case, to be not for profit.

I'm posting cos I hope its genuine, and i hope it succeeds, so that I can then convince my family we should change over.

http://www.atcostenergy.com/default.aspx

QUOTE: "Welcome to At Cost Energy - where we believe gas and electricity are a necessity to live, not a luxury!

We challenge why ANY company should be allowed to profit from something that in our founder's opinion, is a basic human right.

As the name suggests we offer gas and electricity AT COST, no hidden extras, no flashy London offices, no pretty water feature in reception, no shareholders, no director bonuses, just the same gas and electricity you use currently, but AT COST!

The only thing that changes when you switch to At Cost Energy is the name at the top of the bill and the lower amount you pay at the bottom!

No misleading ploys, no introductory offers, just gas and electricity... AT COST!

You won't find At Cost Energy on any comparison or switching website because we refuse to build additional costs into our business. Each of these websites get paid substantial commissions for swapping consumers from one company to another, these commissions are then recouped through your energy bills, often classified as an acquisition cost or cost of supply.

Spread the word! At Cost Energy - "The People's" energy company - Your energy company.

Interested? Tell me more... click here.

As featured by: GMTV, ITV 1 Tonight, ITV 1 Anglia News, Sky News, News of the World, Mail on Sunday

It has a sort of "Ocean Finance" feel to it for some reason. I'd be wanting to read the small print with a microscope.....

Did you know, in the UAE (Dubai) the Ruling Sheik understands that the resources of the land belong to the people, not just a few individuals? That's why their houses are free, their schools are free and they get a big wedge towards wedding costs too!!

Basically, the population share in the wealth the oil brings in. Unlike Saudi, or Canada, or the UK. Weird, innit??

There's a supplier called Ebico been doing this quietly for many years.

Looking at their webpage they would cost me about .5 p a unit more than my current evil for profit supplier for gas given my current usage.

It has a sort of "Ocean Finance" feel to it for some reason. I'd be wanting to read the small print with a microscope.....

Did you know, in the UAE (Dubai) the Ruling Sheik understands that the resources of the land belong to the people, not just a few individuals? That's why their houses are free, their schools are free and they get a big wedge towards wedding costs too!!

Basically, the population share in the wealth the oil brings in. Unlike Saudi, or Canada, or the UK. Weird, innit??

Of course, some people are more equal than others though.