House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Executive Sadman

Policy Diffusion

CGT_capital1.jpg

I find it quite disingenuous

1) If its her prime residence (it does say her "home", as in the singular) it wont apply.

2) If she's a (poor) BTL Baroness she'll either benefit (ie pay no CGT) or pay a negligible (2%) more as a basic rate taxpayer through the harmonisation of CGT and income tax. Its only 40/50% earners who might have to contribute a little more than they thought.

"Policy Diffusion is focused on ensuring that the public better understands Liberal Democrat policies"

With BS tabloid poster campaigns!

http://www.policydiffusion.info/

i'll be honest... i know it shouldn't but that does make me angry.

the one about 'wealth creation' is even more infuriating.

Indeed.

Policy Diffusion has been set up by businessmen Richard Thoburn, Kevin Harrington and Ken Tonkin. All are very concerned about the effects of Liberal Democrat influence on Government and the economy.

Why havent Help the Aged/ Age concern been all over the CGT changes if its going to result in pensioners starving. No mention of it on their website - just services that are supported by taxes, like, guess what, CGT.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/

Why is it up to unspecified 'businessmen' having to look after those poor pensioners.

The worlds is such a cruel cruel place. Next it'll be up to Gordon Gekko to keep the greedy taxman away from african orphans investment trust funds.

Edited by Sadman

CGT_capital1.jpg

I find it quite disingenuous

1) If its her prime residence (it does say her "home", as in the singular) it wont apply.

2) If she's a (poor) BTL Baroness she'll either benefit (ie pay no CGT) or pay a negligible (2%) more as a basic rate taxpayer through the harmonisation of CGT and income tax. Its only 40/50% earners who might have to contribute a little more than they thought.

"Policy Diffusion is focused on ensuring that the public better understands Liberal Democrat policies"

With BS tabloid poster campaigns!

http://www.policydiffusion.info/

Wow! Their posters are really misinforming. As CGT was up to 40% until 2007, the claims made by this organisation are rubbish. In fact, it will be healthier to have a decent rate of CGT on second homes and BTL and encourage investment in wealth producing parts of the economy. Suggest we all protest that a CGT rise is actually desirableand not damaging if applied as before 2007 to their email info@policydiffusion.info

Edited by plummet expert