House Price Crash Forum

The Nightmare For Bp

Mega

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

utter tosh

iraq spills were far greater than this and guess what - it didn't change life on earth as we know it

move this tripe to ot pronto

Does it make no difference that the oil is spilling into the ocean?

HOLA445
Guest Noodle

utter tosh

iraq spills were far greater than this and guess what - it didn't change life on earth as we know it

move this tripe to ot pronto

It's the fear (notice the word 'fear') that the entire formation blows out.

I love the bit about 'lethal concentrations'. Mildly amusing, but then our business PP was built on a foundation of ********.

Stroll on!

HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm all for a proper warning and even a bit of TFH from time to time but the title

Oil Disaster Will Be End of Life As We Know It"

and the only source being a self appointed expert on gas toxicity and fluid dynamics (who turns out to be a pastor), I get the feeling this is yet another excercise in hyperventilation from a very bored gentleman.

The last scaremonger was buying BP shares while he was advocating doomsday and predicting Chapter 11 for BP within a month (Simmons).

Can you tell us what there is to take seriously in this piece?

HOLA448
Guest Noodle

I'm all for a proper warning and even a bit of TFH from time to time but the title

Oil Disaster Will Be End of Life As We Know It"

and the only source being a self appointed expert on gas toxicity and fluid dynamics (who turns out to be a pastor), I get the feeling this is yet another excercise in hyperventilation from a very bored gentleman.

The last scaremonger was buying BP shares while he was advocating doomsday and predicting Chapter 11 for BP within a month (Simmons).

Can you tell us what there is to take seriously in this piece?

None. But it's good for business.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

This is the worst case for BP, however i would like to say that i know a woman who's hubby is on site in the gulf right now & he IS deeply worried:-

http://www.infowars.com/oil-disaster-will-be-end-of-life-as-we-know-it/

mike

well seeing as obama was quoting hopi prophecy when he got elected,we seem to be at that stage where we have got to about sign number 8 before the day of purification.

the next one,if their seers are correct,will be the international space station plummetting back to earth.

(other remote viewers also link this particular event to an aborted space shuttle mission,coupled with a meteorite storm,with a few of these things hitting earth)

if that's the sign,and you see this event happen(it will get reported)...then stock up on as much food as you can and run for the hills.(preferably some with an underground water source or easy access into the water table.......the ground will act as a decent water filter.)

HOLA4412

This is the worst case for BP, however i would like to say that i know a woman who's hubby is on site in the gulf right now & he IS deeply worried:-

http://www.infowars.com/oil-disaster-will-be-end-of-life-as-we-know-it/

mike

So, over the past couple of billion-ish years*, oil has been formed in sedimentary basins, migrated into accumulations, and the vast majority of those accumulations have ended up leaking away due to erosion, tectonic activity, etc. During this time there must have been many cases of large fields suffering complete blowout.

Additionally, during the early days of oil exploration (pre-1930), high pressure blowouts were a frequent occurrence, and many of the fields would have had far less caprock than this particular field. The record blowout stands at something like 200,000 barrels per day, at least 3 times the current blowout.

You will note that none of these occurrences ended life on earth. No man made-blowout has ever drained an entire field. This is a very bad accident - much worse than I thought it would be initially - but some perspective needs keeping.

HOLA4413

Archived