House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qetesuesi

So Rory Bremner Is Afraid To Joke About Islam

Or maybe he's just using self-censorship as an excuse for being so lame, most of the impressions he does are of 80's politicians, or prince Charles. Who cares.

He's an idea for him, Ed Balls the Nazi :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286627/Ed-Balls-forgets-Tory-Oxford-dressed-Nazi.html

I don't think he's lame at all.

His material is well researched and his show was talking about CDOs and CDS's long before the credit crunch actually happened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/7828813/Rory-Bremner-afraid-to-joke-about-Islam.html

Could anyone who knows his work well list anything else he conspicuously avoids as subject matter, whether in religion, politics or anything else?

Also, is he known to poke fun from time to time at views he holds himself?

He is a comedian? I had no idea he was supposed to be funny. I just thought he was a shit impressionist. I'll have to listen out for jokes in future. I have a feeling I'll have to listen hard.

Guest sillybear2

I don't think he's lame at all.

His material is well researched and his show was talking about CDOs and CDS's long before the credit crunch actually happened.

It's all a bit dry and *yawn*, nothing new, nothing insightful, just finger pointing at the ass hat bankers with no focus on the broken system.

Maybe that's just a HPC perspective.

He does a good Nelson Mandela impression.

Usually a white man impersonating a black man means universal condemnation for reasons known only to the liberal elite.

Although i guess suicide bombers are a little more intimidating than Bonnie Greer rants.

Marx said that "Religion is the opium of the people." But there are many different religions each with it's own rich cultural tradition and it is closed minded to group them all together.

Catholicism is the 'alcohol of the people,' it makes you talk a lot of self righteous crap, you are less likely to use condoms and those who take it to an extreme are only going to get laid if they have vulnerable minors under their control.

The Church of England is the 'marijuana of the people,' it gives you a vague warm fuzzy feeling, but nobody can quite remember why they started believing that shit in the first place.

Islam is the 'crack cocaine of the people,' it attracts the desperate, it encourages violence and if you are doing it, chances are you aren't white.

I need to work on the standup routine...

Or maybe he's just using self-censorship as an excuse for being so lame, most of the impressions he does are of 80's politicians, or prince Charles. Who cares.

He's an idea for him, Ed Balls the Nazi :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286627/Ed-Balls-forgets-Tory-Oxford-dressed-Nazi.html

but they're not nazi's!!...they're doing it for your own good!

you just don't understand because you are small people.

leave the thinking to the intelligensia.....do as you're told now,theres a good boy.

(was that patronising enough?)