House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Did The Banks Invent Inflation...

Did the banks invent inflation as a way to force people to put their money into banks to get a return on their money ?

And so they could steal a slice of everyones savings ?

In my book a cow is still worth 3 sheep even after 2000 years, inflation is imaginary.

Who invented it ?

I guess on the same line of thining deflation is bad for banks ( but good for everyone else ) so that's why they are trying to generate some and the propoganda machine tells us what a bad thing deflation is!!!

I like deflation. Its time we all haggled at the tesco checkout. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Tho we can haggle by just not shopping there.

In my book a cow is still worth 3 sheep even after 2000 years, inflation is imaginary.

No cow could possible compare to my Flossy...err, perhaps I have said too much... :unsure:

And so they could steal a slice of everyones savings ?

Remind me how those bank shares are doing again?

I don't think that their cosy little theft cartel is working out too well. Grandmothers up and down the country have a big bank sized hole in their pension funds, despite all the theft that the banksters altruistically commit on their behalf.

Edited by Chef

Remind me how those bank shares are doing again?

I don't think that their cosy little theft cartel is working out too well. Grandmothers up and down the country have a big bank sized hole in their pension funds, despite all the theft that the banksters altruistically commit on their behalf.

Well yes, this is why fraud and theft is a bad idea in the long term.

Why do you assume that a cow is worth 3 sheep?

A cow is worth what people will trade for it. Inflation for cows will happen when people turn up and offer 3 sheep plus a chicken and 4 loaf's of bread. If someone else really wants it they offer 3 sheep, 1 pig and sex with the wife.

You therefore have inflation.

Banking essentially is irrelevant to inflation although it just makes it very easy to spot.

inflation happens whenever the supply of demanded goods and services falls in a monetary based economy.

Therefore inflation has been around as long as money.

It is quite possible for supply to fall without a change in the money supply and in fact this happens all the time from ancient greece through the middle ages and the renaissance.

what a very odd question....

inflation happens whenever the supply of demanded goods and services falls in a monetary based economy.

Therefore inflation has been around as long as money.

It is quite possible for supply to fall without a change in the money supply and in fact this happens all the time from ancient greece through the middle ages and the renaissance.

what a very odd question....

thats a price rise, not inflation.

there is no difference

Yes, there is.

You can have inflation and static or even declining prices.

The key thing in that case is to notice that the static prices woul dhave fallen without the inflation and declining prices would have declined even further without the inflation.

Yes, there is.

You can have inflation and static or even declining prices.

The key thing in that case is to notice that the static prices woul dhave fallen without the inflation and declining prices would have declined even further without the inflation.

Inflation doesn't depend on the money supply, so abolishing the money supply won't rid us of inflation.

The only way we could be inflation free is if every good and service traded equally from now until forever. Which would presuppose tastes staying exactly the same, weather conditions staying the same, no productivity increases etc etc, you get the idea.

Not that inflation is bad anyway. It's a signal, it tells people to produce whatever it is that is inflating in price.

Inflation is neither good nor bad, it just is.*

*only under free market conditions, of course.

Edited by Chef

Guest spp

Banking/Fiat money is nothing but fraud.

The slaves must obey their masters and forever be in DEBT!

Whether it's through personal or public debt...they've got you.

It's time to wake up or your children will be next!

Banking/Fiat money is nothing but fraud.

The slaves must obey their masters and forever be in DEBT!

Whether it's through personal or public debt...they've got you.

It's time to wake up or your children will be next!

still, better that than the kings army calls round every year and takes 4/5th of your possessions, including your food, as tax.

Inflation doesn't depend on the money supply, so abolishing the money supply won't rid us of inflation.

inflation is an increase in the money supply.

The only way we could be inflation free is if every good and service traded equally from now until forever. Which would presuppose tastes staying exactly the same, weather conditions staying the same, no productivity increases etc etc, you get the idea.

yes, it's insane to say that prices have anything to do with inflation.

Not that inflation is bad anyway. It's a signal, it tells people to produce whatever it is that is inflating in price.

Of course.

It's just an increase in the amount of something that is money. Of course as well all know, increasing the amount will recuce the value and if one reduces the value of something enough, it ceases to be traded due to ubiquity or the pointless of having it.

The problem with our system is being trapped in it, not that it devalues. In fact, it only devalues because we are trapped in it - otherwise it would have to bend to market demand and therefore retain value.

Providing of course it's not finite, if it's finite you need a shift in taste once it gets too expensive.

Providing of course it's not finite, if it's finite you need a shift in taste once it gets too expensive.

Absolutely. In this case you just need to either find an alternative, go without or suck the price increase up, either way it's just economic data feeding into the system. As long as it's clean data (i.e no Zimbabwe style funny business) then I don't regard inflation as the evil that some would like to make out.

Edited by Chef

Absolutely. In this case you just need to either find an alternative, go without or suck the price increase up, either way it's just economic data feeding into the system. As long as it's clean data (i.e no Zimbabwe style funny business) then I don't regard inflation as the evil that some would like to make out.

If people want something, more of it is better.

Nobody but the banker wants fiat money though!

I'll have yours if you don't want it :rolleyes:

You can have some of mine, sure thing. Plenty more where that came from.

£1,000,000

Spend it wisely.