House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloo Loo

Odd Advert From

ITV just now.

"Let me make something perfectly clear" states the man forcefully in what looks like the inside of the Gherkin.

"We are Injury Lawyers for you!

We're real Lawyers.

We deal with personal injust claims

we are tried, tested and trusted throughout the UK

We work for You."

so it goes on.

except the guy saying all this is an Actor off the Bill. hes not a lawyer and he deals with nothing except the script. He works for anyone who pays him.

gullible we are.

yes, as with most adverts the people in them are actors, as they are the best people to sell a product for this case a firm of lawyers (IMHO all lawyers are real so it is a daft statement). Is Barry Scott Barry Scott, all those eye lashes adverts where they all wear fake eye lashes, beyonce selling western hair products when she wears extensions and cant use the products because it isn't suitable for her hair type?

That's like those loan ads with a boisterous sounding Phil Tufnell in them...

"Loans? I know nothing about loans..."

Highly odd that you're advertising them then Mr Tufnell <_<

ITV just now.

"Let me make something perfectly clear" states the man forcefully in what looks like the inside of the Gherkin.

We're real Lawyers."

except the guy saying all this is an Actor off the Bill. hes not a lawyer and he deals with nothing except the script. ...

Have to say I split my sides watching that the first time. As you point out he's from the Bill. Question is, could they not use a bill copper who:

a ) wasn't more corrupt than 99% of the criminals;

b ) didn't sound so bloody threatening.

And as for the tag line ("100% lawyers, 100% compensation"), well, it just sounded like some kind of premium dog food! (not that I'd feed a dog lawyers - yuck!)

I couldn't work out whether I was supposed to feel intimidated, reassured or just plain amused.

Billy has calmed down a bit though, if 'injury lawyers for you' had been around when he filmed this they would have had a field day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFeJAe4f9g0

Proper car chase, except for the customary empty cardboard boxes for effect.... Benny fron Crossroads as a villain.. :(:D

ITV just now.

We're real Lawyers.

We deal with personal injust claims

we are tried, tested and trusted throughout the UK

We work for You."

so it goes on.

except the guy saying all this is an Actor off the Bill. hes not a lawyer and he deals with nothing except the script. He works for anyone who pays him.

gullible we are.

the guy says,"we're real lawyers"

he's implying he is too,which is patently untrue,because I've seen him acting in a couple of telly shows.

(I think he was in the bill!)

the guy says,"we're real lawyers"

he's implying he is too,which is patently untrue,because I've seen him acting in a couple of telly shows.

(I think he was in the bill!)

There's an echo in here ...

At least he's working for people who pay him. That advert is still running. Saw it today. Looks like a nice earner for him to top up retirement savings with.

The actor who played DC Mickey Webb hasn't had much work on since The Bill finished. He's happy with the BTLs in his property portfolio, but also has a unfinished property development he was hoping to offload for £650,000.

http://www.dailymail...looding-in.html

Proper car chase, except for the customary empty cardboard boxes for effect.... Benny fron Crossroads as a villain.. :(:D

I knew he was a "wrong un"! :huh: