House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Bank Of Japan Unveils $33Bn Loan Scheme

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10315753.stm

Japan's central bank has announced plans to provide up to 3 trillion yen (£22bn; $33bn) in low interest loans in an effort to spur economic growth.

The bank plans to make the money available to commercial banks to encourage them to lend more to private businesses.

Firms in growth sectors including energy, the environment and tourism will be targeted by the scheme.

The Bank of Japan also confirmed it would hold interest rates near zero.

More cheap debt to get the wheels of commerce going.

Im applying.

with a loan I can increase my cash.

with cash I can get more customers.

oh...hang on a second....wouldnt they be buying my stuff already if they needed it??? or maybe I could advertise the frack out of my market, reduce my prices and put some other poor schmuck out of business...who then cant repay his loans....

I notice just who is getting this money first...

Im applying.

with a loan I can increase my cash.

with cash I can get more customers.

oh...hang on a second....wouldnt they be buying my stuff already if they needed it??? or maybe I could advertise the frack out of my market, reduce my prices and put some other poor schmuck out of business...who then cant repay his loans....

I notice just who is getting this money first...

Yep that is why lending to businesses who are strugglign isn't going to help and isn't going to get anyone out of deflation. It just makes the cost cutting and trying to outlast your competitors go on longer.

Its also Japan still trying the export your way out strategy. Which worked so well in the 60's-80's.. but they never matured beyond that.

Yep that is why lending to businesses who are strugglign isn't going to help and isn't going to get anyone out of deflation. It just makes the cost cutting and trying to outlast your competitors go on longer.

Its also Japan still trying the export your way out strategy. Which worked so well in the 60's-80's.. but they never matured beyond that.

But its the same solution offered here. QE, impaired asset purchases...all meant to get banks lending again.

funny, its always the worst strugglers, the insolvent, the criminal, who get the money first then DONT lend it out without pledges written in blood.

But its the same solution offered here. QE, impaired asset purchases...all meant to get banks lending again.

funny, its always the worst strugglers, the insolvent, the criminal, who get the money first then DONT lend it out without pledges written in blood.

Exactly. When nations get serious about getting out of the economic troubles nations will spend the money themselves directly into the economy. Skipping the middle man - the banks. It is insanely stupid to give money to the banks and hope that they will lend the money out with interest as a recovery plan.

Exactly. When nations get serious about getting out of the economic troubles nations will spend the money themselves directly into the economy. Skipping the middle man - the banks. It is insanely stupid to give money to the banks and hope that they will lend the money out with interest as a recovery plan.

but but, spending money they dont have leads to Greece.....customers cant buy and investors cant invest...its all going to basic survival stuff for the majority....the Austrian Theory of the BUST is true...