House Price Crash Forum
zzg113

£40 Billion Wiped Off Housing Stock!

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/d962e4c8-10e3-11d...000e2511c8.html

In the second quarter, the net wealth tied up in British homes dropped by over £60bn. This was because falling house prices wiped close to £40bn off the value of the housing stock and total mortgage debt rose by over £20bn. The last time net housing wealth fell was in the fourth quarter of 1995.
Edited by zzg113

You been on holiday zzg? thats about a week old! :lol:

Saying that though i can't remember it being mentioned that much, can't remember a thrread on it.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
The key thing about this news is that the value has dropped but the debt has increased.

A nasty combination, eh.

Yes, and I do not believe that this combination has happened with such a massive amount of debt in the past. Now we can see clearly where it is all heading.

In the second quarter, the net wealth tied up in British homes dropped by over £60bn. This was because falling house prices wiped close to £40bn off the value of the housing stock and total mortgage debt rose by over £20bn. The last time net housing wealth fell was in the fourth quarter of 1995.

MY FONT IS BIGGER THAN YOURS - DOES THAT MEAN MY POINT IS MORE VALID????

MY FONT IS BIGGER THAN YOURS - DOES THAT MEAN MY POINT IS MORE VALID????

YES! PEOPLE ONLY LISTEN TO THE LOGIC OF THE LOUDEST VOICE

BUT IF I USE CAPITALS, ITALICS AND UNDERLINE SURELY I MUST HAVE SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT TO SAY?

Actually no, you shouldnt use italics, bold and underline yes but italics weaken it. Also you should use it in contrast to its surroundings i.e if everyone is using capitals and supersize then go small and normal.

It ought to be significant, and it is. But not to the majority of Daily Mail readers who flip thru the "small ads" at the back still extolling the virtues of 'cashing in' on their equity to buy an investment villa in Marbella, while taking in the latest news from the Halifx that property prices only "rose" 0.2% last month.

People who have tried to sell in the last year, on the other hand, can probably relate to this.