House Price Crash Forum

House Sales Set To Rise As Optimism For H P I Returns

HOLA441

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=aXkBBf_2b71E

U.K. Housing Market Strengthened Most Since January, RICS Says
Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A
By Svenja O’Donnell
June 15 (Bloomberg) -- A U.K. house-price gauge climbed in May to the highest level in four months as demand from homebuyers matched rising supply, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said..../
Barclays Capital said yesterday that house price growth will slow to an annual 4 percent by the end of this year, before increasing to 9 percent by the end of 2011.

Must be the turnaround in economic conditions such as higher employment, no government cuts, lower IR to come, future growth up. In other words, the exact reverse of what is happening in the market. This no more that EAs putting a brave if not deceptive face on the real threat to their commissions.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA442
HOLA443

Gosh! - Isn't Britain an amazing country?!

The rest of Europe on the edge of an assured implosion, yet the motherland heads to the stars.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Wasn't there a report in the last couple weeks reporting that property sales transactions as being at a 15 year low?

It doesn't matter what is happening in the market these days. This is a fight for survival and the future of our number one growth industry: inflation in house prices. Without it we are in deep trouble as that is 70% of our economic growth prospects.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It doesn't matter what is happening in the market these days. This is a fight for survival and the future of our number one growth industry: inflation in house prices. Without it we are in deep trouble as that is 70% of our economic growth prospects.

Indeed.

And here is the latest offering from the Daily Telegraph - article written by the fantastically named Harry Wallop:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/capital-gains-tax/7826687/CGT-house-price-recovery-will-end-estate-agents-say.html

CGT: house price recovery will end, estate agents say

The recent recovery in house prices could be reversed if rates of capital gains tax are increased, leading members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors have warned.

Readers comments can be added to the above article.

Edited by Alfie Moon

HOLA449

The following was just read out in the main news bulletin on GMTV..

"House prices rose last month following the decision to scrap HIPS. The number of homes going on the market almost doubled, that's according to RICS. The government's decision to abolish HIPS is expected to boost the number of properties for sale by 15%."

Doesn't make sense to me

Surely this "rise is house prices" due to no HIPS, must just be asking prices, because HIPS was only abolished a few weeks ago?

Which is to be expected.

Now would be sellers don't have to fork out for a HIPS, more are going to try their luck at selling for an overinflated price.

So the media hpi spin just tries to carry on, aiming to keep drawing in those willing buyers.

I wonder how much longer they will be able to do this?

HOLA4410

So the media hpi spin just tries to carry on, aiming to keep drawing in those willing buyers.

I wonder how much longer they will be able to do this?

The media, particularly the media aimed at stupid people - the tabloids, ITV, Sky etc. - tells people what they want to hear. HPI good. So the RCIS survey which doesn't report anything at all really other than a few surveyors opinions, proves that your average man in the street is richer because his shitty box of bricks is now worth a few quid more. Happy days.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Oh well. Looks like we are renting forever.

My landlord told me he will never put our rent up. That's one good thing. Been same for 3 years we have been here.

(off topic)

Not necessarily. You could always move abroad ;)

No, seriously, have a think about it - I personally know 3 couples in their 30s who have packed their bags this year alone. For 2 of them, they were quite open that their irresistible urge to have rugrats was colliding with the unmovable problem of UK house prices.

HOLA4413