House Price Crash Forum

How Much Is Enough?

Dubai

HOLA441

From Old Holborn, a sort of editorial with a question that I'm sure has crossed many of our minds......

600 years ago, your average farmer worked just 120 days per year, his wife stayed at home and raised the kids and they spent the rest of the year feasting and partying. Fair enough, life expectancy was short and could be brutal if your feudal Lord decided he didn't like your lack of forelock tugging but we obviously survived and thrived.

To maintain the same standard of living today, two adults must work around 440 days a year between them. Not much time for feasting and partying, even if the kitchen is full of time saving white goods. Too busy buying shite we'll forget we even had 10 years from today.

snip....

If you lose your money, you can regain it. If you lose your health, you can recover it, even if you lose a loved one, you will get over it. The one thing you can never ever have again is your Time. It's gone and it's never coming back. Ever.

Think about that the next time the boss wants you to work late whilst he takes his family to a restaurant or the government asks you to work harder "for the sake of the economy" from their villas in Tuscany.

Full article at: http://www.oldholbor...-is-enough.html There are some cracking reader's comments too: The Burger Man, 14 June 2010 14:00 I was the Chairman of a large company when I was made redundant three years ago. My two timing slut of a wife divorced me and took most of my assets leaving me with very little. Determined not to let her and redundancy ruin what was left of my life, I invested all my money in a mobile hot dog stall. The first week I cleared £1500 just parked in a lay-by. The second week I twisted neck my badly when I slipped on a discarded bacon roll. I have to say I haven't looked back since and when reversing the van it is very awkward.

HOLA442

Hilarious comments.

I liked Basil's reply to Burger Man:

"Burger Man, have you tried acupuncture for you painful neck? I was until five years ago a senior manager for a large supermarket chain until it was taken over by a large competitor. I used my redundancy pay off to clear a few debts and find a nice Chinese wife via the Internet, and train in Chinese medicine. Now I practice acupuncture and charge £75 per hour sticking needles in people. I am not sure it works, but nobody has complained as yet. On the upside I now have plenty of money and great sex with my young wife. Even better I have saved pounds by not having to buy Chinese take-a-ways, and her not being able to speak English is a real godsend during the long winter nights."

HOLA443

Hilarious comments.

I liked Basil's reply to Burger Man:

"Burger Man, have you tried acupuncture for you painful neck? I was until five years ago a senior manager for a large supermarket chain until it was taken over by a large competitor. I used my redundancy pay off to clear a few debts and find a nice Chinese wife via the Internet, and train in Chinese medicine. Now I practice acupuncture and charge £75 per hour sticking needles in people. I am not sure it works, but nobody has complained as yet. On the upside I now have plenty of money and great sex with my young wife. Even better I have saved pounds by not having to buy Chinese take-a-ways, and her not being able to speak English is a real godsend during the long winter nights."

Some of them have a certain Viz like quality!!

HOLA444

Archived