House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dubai

Is There A Doctor In The House?

I have a medical exam tomorrow, just after lunch (which I've been told I shouldn't have).... there's the usual blood and urine samples to take....

Does this mean I shouldn't have a beer tonight or doesn't it make any difference??:unsure:

I'm not a doctor but I was advised to drink nothing for a week before a liver function test. Apparently a few drinks can put the readings well off.

Thanks both.... it's just a medical for life insurance, and they're taking my weight, blood pressure, a blood sample and a urine sample.... as far as I know....:unsure:

Probably best not to drink then - I'm sure they'll run a tox screen and anything they find will push your premiums up.

Oh well, a bit late... I've just cracked a Boddies!! I said I drink on the mega application form, so it shouldn't come as a surprise!!

Oh well, a bit late... I've just cracked a Boddies!! I said I drink on the mega application form, so it shouldn't come as a surprise!!

There would be no trace of a couple of cans by morning anyway, not unless you have serious liver dysfunction.

There would be no trace of a couple of cans by morning anyway, not unless you have serious liver dysfunction.

Thanks BB.... I'll go easy tonight then!

Probably best not to drink then - I'm sure they'll run a tox screen and anything they find will push your premiums up.

According to my life insurance company, I'm a non smoking stamp collector drinking 10 units a week and taking regular exercise.

According to my pension company, I'm a chain smoking alcoholic alternating between smack and crack whilst driving my Vincent Black Shadow to extreme freeclimbing events...

According to my life insurance company, I'm a non smoking stamp collector drinking 10 units a week and taking regular exercise.

According to my pension company, I'm a chain smoking alcoholic alternating between smack and crack whilst driving my Vincent Black Shadow to extreme freeclimbing events...

:)

Good thinking, wonder if I could get away with that.

I had a liver function test and they never said anything about it to me - probably because I was a student at the time and knew I'd ignore them.

I've had one recently (Have had zillions of blood tests over the last few months) and wasn't told to do anything special for it... but I was doing a fasting one at the same time - I don't think liver emzymes change radically overnight ... but I'd never suggest drinking the night before having blood took.

After maybe, but not before :)

According to my life insurance company, I'm a non smoking stamp collector drinking 10 units a week and taking regular exercise..

LOL I couldn't drink 10 units in a week if I tried (I have! I can drink a 4 unit can of pear cider and that's about it zzzz ... ok I should probably try some lower strength stuff but it's got to taste ok)

LOL I couldn't drink 10 units in a week if I tried (I have! I can drink a 4 unit can of pear cider and that's about it zzzz ... ok I should probably try some lower strength stuff but it's got to taste ok)

It gets worse as you get older..

I'm sure there has been a trend over the past couple of decades for stronger and stronger wine and beer (like 14.5%/5.5% respectively from 12%/4%). Doesn't seem much but makes a huge difference to how your head feels in the morning. Mind you, I have no idea how strong my homebrew is.