House Price Crash Forum
Ace

One To Watch, Bought In Jul 2004

Non Binding Auctions

Due to the wide variety of laws governing the sale of properties in UK and Ireland, eBay property listings are not legally binding offers to buy and sell that property. Instead, they are simply a way for sellers to advertise their property and meet potential buyers. At the close of the auction, the seller should contact the winning bidder to discuss entering into a contract for the real property. However, neither party is obligated to complete the property transaction. This type of transaction is called a Non-binding Auction.

Do you think ebay are happy about a potentially lucrative slice of the pie being taken away from them?

Maybe you're bidding for the right to come and waste the owner's time with a silly offer?

/G

You don't need one, as it is not legally binding you can always gazunder as normal. Although they do want a 2.5% deposit striaght away to be sure you are not wasting their time.

Just keeping the thread active- anyway I get satisfaction in seeing my post at the top.

Ace

The driver of a huge tractor trailer lost control of his rig and plowed into an empty tollbooth, smashing it to pieces. Unhurt but a bit shaken up, he climbed down from the wreckage and looked around.

Within a matter of minutes, another truck pulled up and unloaded a crew of workers. The men picked up each broken piece of the former tollbooth, spread some kind of creamy substance on it, and fitted the pieces together. In less than an hour, they had the entire tollbooth reconstructed and good as new.

"Astonishing!" the truck driver said to the crew chief. "What was that white stuff you used to get all of the pieces together?"

The crew chief replied, "Tollgate booth paste." ;)

They bought the place for £199,000 in July 2004

Guide price is £195,000-£205,000

Anyone hazzard a guess what the reserve is - ?

They'll take £214K

RIGHT MOVE

God I am good

10947_BSP00609_IMG_00.JPG

CONROYS

8.jpg

Strange that from that angle of picture, the house looks much much smaller

Hang on a minute they are advertising as "Bid from 1 pence on £228k Property! 4 Bed Terraced BS32"

When on rightmove they will accept £214K, and on the conroys it appears they might accept £195K who is right here?

Edited by trev

Nice work trev.

It could go over which would make me sick and debunk my point , It could go for 199K so the present owners would be losing money ie Mortgage Payments for one year and estate agent costs.

but as its ebay and non binding we will have to wait for nethouseprice data. :rolleyes:

LOL , just realised where it is . I was working on that site last year , according to site agents I spoke to they reckoned 50%-60% was bought by BTL.

D

well, it is now £100,100 which is more than I would pay for it.

Its only gone up because there have been two bidding wars.

The first was between tony.evans2005 and tony.evans2005 (tony.evans2005 dropped out at 50K when tony.evans2005 threw another 50K at the bid.

Unfortunately his highest bid was outstripped by sycamore_lane who left him behind at 100,200 and who has been bidding against sycamore_lane ever since. Neither sycamore_lane nor sycamore_lane have reached the reserve price! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess some of you guys aren't familiar with eBay bid methods!

tony_evans2005 and sycamore_lane have been bidding against l_p_i. Essentially l_p_i placed an (unknown) bid of more than 145,100 - e.g. they may have bid 180k but we don't know that, but eBay just bids to £100 more than their nearest competitor.

When someone puts a higher bid in, e.g. sycamore_lane, at say £5k more than the current asking, eBay will automatically place a bid on behalf of l_p_i for £100 more, until someone puts in (say) £180,100 in the example above.

The market in Bristol has been terrible over the last year, if it was worth around £200k in mid 04 it is unlikely to be worth much more than £180k today (IMHO)

....so they're into bondage as well?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well they knew people would be chomping at the bit to buy this property. Hay we could be Neeabours.

I feel a horse price crash pun session coming on ;)

They bought the place for £199,000 in July 2004

Guide price is  £195,000-£205,000

Anyone hazzard a guess what the reserve is - ?

I think it was 187500 in july last year, the 199000 figure is for a detached, I reckon they will take 180. The e bay add is taking the pi55, up to 150 on ebay.

The £199,000 was that exact house, nethouseprices are very good at getting the house type wrong, I have seen it may times, I generally believe the figures though, no reason to doubt them yet.