House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloo Loo

Virgin Money And Recruitment

Just caught the last 5 minutes of talking heads on BBC news 24. they were talking about recruitment.

One of them, a plain woman from Virgin money was asked what type of background they needed for their recruits.

Paraphrased reply:

"Oh banking, definately banking..we have learned from the past that it takes bankers to run banks...look at all the mistakes of the past they have learned from...an outsider just wouldnt understand"

Now, I have had very poor experience with their customer services...fine for applications, but get a problem and they deny everything.

then I googled some websites....Virgin money get poor reviews, and in the same areas I experienced.

now, maybe, just maybe, hiring bankers as managers is where they are going wrong...High salaries doesnt mean good performance....and to say bankers have learned from their experience shows a willfull blindness of the obvious....already lending 5 times single salary...others going for market share and threatening death to the World if they dont get fresh bailouts.

I say they need to change their recruitment policy and get some hard working service people in.

Another point, and this will rub with apologists here, but she said also that managers from large operations find it hard to roll their sleeves up and actually get stuck in....I imagine she was saying that people at the top like to order and jaw rather than decide and do.

just a thought.

Guest anorthosite

Post whore

Just bored and miserable - back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off :(

Just bored and miserable - back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off :(

It has often been mentioned about being the last reply poster on every thread of page 1 of Hoff-topic as it became. A war of attrition against the post flood control function. Well played, I feel privileged to have witnessed it.

I bow to your greatness.

If customers had some responsibility for their money it would improve customer service, as it is they all get infinite bailouts

so one bank is much the same as the next.

When HBOS are taking big risks and paying low returns while giving managers £20 Million for what turned out to be terrible

investments, customers might decide they want a nice safe Nationwide account not a high risk investment banker account

which pays about the same in interest.

Gradually boring safe banks will grow and high risks ones shrink to match the customer base. When I started my pension

they gave me options as to the level of risk I wanted to take and it should be the same with a bank account.

If customers had some responsibility for their money it would improve customer service, as it is they all get infinite bailouts

so one bank is much the same as the next.

When HBOS are taking big risks and paying low returns while giving managers £20 Million for what turned out to be terrible

investments, customers might decide they want a nice safe Nationwide account not a high risk investment banker account

which pays about the same in interest.

Gradually boring safe banks will grow and high risks ones shrink to match the customer base. When I started my pension

they gave me options as to the level of risk I wanted to take and it should be the same with a bank account.

this is right. WE really do need to teach these bankers a lesson.

trouble is, if you have an overdraft or loan, which most people do, its difficult to move away.... I think the average savings rate is around 0.