House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

24 Hours Doth Make A Difference

Yesterday, the English meeja were 100% behind England with non-stop backing on the TV and Radio of the England team.

Live programmes on BBC1, BBC News 24, Fivelive and even the World Service from South Africa talking to fans, pundits, etc, - huge BBC jolly it seems - and everyone convinced England just have to turn up and they win the World Cup.

24 hours later and the same coverage but this time everyone is very angry, very negative and all the criticism is coming out. Individual players being slagged off, people saying several players should not be in the team.

Yesterday these players were your gods and today you are forming a lynch mob.

Incredible!

Very funny to watch and listen to though!

The top rated post on the Daily Mail's article on this:

I do feel sorry for these hapless fans. They seem to be eternally optimistic but seriously, the team are a bunch of useless, overpaid prima donnas, much more interested in buying Bentleys and mansions than they are with working 100% at what they're being overpaid to do. They will never win, and frankly I think they are a disgrace.

- Harry Monk, Dartford, 12/6/2010 19:09

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286074/WORLD-CUP-2010-Afghanistan-troops-send-good-luck-video-England-squad.html#ixzz0qixGi5L9

Guest KingCharles1st

Smell the Welsh schadenfreude. :lol:

sniff sniff- aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Wonder how many new widescreens got sold in the valleeeees in May?

LOL - Nah, it is not that guys.

I sat down to watch the match last night - barbecue chicken wings, cheese and onions crisps, some coleslaw and some very good Czech beer - hoping to watch a good game.

When England scored I thought, wow, what a good goal and sat back expecting England to then put anothe 7 past the US. What followed was a farce.

One of the positive things about Wales not having qualified for a World Cup since 1958 is that I can sit back and enjoy the footie without an anxiety. I love the World Cup.

Guest KingCharles1st

LOL - Nah, it is not that guys.

I sat down to watch the match last night - barbecue chicken wings, cheese and onions crisps, some coleslaw and some very good Czech beer - hoping to watch a good game.

When England scored I thought, wow, what a good goal and sat back expecting England to then put anothe 7 past the US. What followed was a farce.

One of the positive things about Wales not having qualified for a World Cup since 1958 is that I can sit back and enjoy the footie without an anxiety. I love the World Cup.

And being a Spurs fan, I so want Bale to be English :(

So you didn't nip up the hills for a shag last night then- just stayed in and watched the footie

England are going to have to do a lot better- and yes, I am appauled at the British press' handling of the error made by the goalie..

And being a Spurs fan, I so want Bale to be English :(

So you didn't nip up the hills for a shag last night then- just stayed in and watched the footie

England are going to have to do a lot better- and yes, I am appauled at the British press' handling of the error made by the goalie..

I have no idea who Bale is. Christian Bale? How will Batman help England?

Guest KingCharles1st

I have no idea who Bale is. Christian Bale? How will Batman help England?

Tut tut- he is like an Exocet missile that goes down the left wing with the passing and crossing accuracy of a laser guided bomb

something i remember about the world cup-winning south american teams of my youth was that even the defenders were capable of scoring goals.

now i freely admit that i know next to nothing about football (and care less) but it seems peculiar to me that england's centre-forward? emile heskey apparently is famous for not being able to hit the net.

i know england aren't brazil but what am i missing here?

ps. this is the brazilian right-back:

I tell you I would happily become Welsh (or Scottish for that matter) at World Cup Times. Indeed I'd put money into developing a decent Welsh side.All so the Welsh nation could endure the torture the English go through at every bl**ding World Cup! :unsure:

Yesterday, the English meeja were 100% behind England with non-stop backing on the TV and Radio of the England team.

Live programmes on BBC1, BBC News 24, Fivelive and even the World Service from South Africa talking to fans, pundits, etc, - huge BBC jolly it seems - and everyone convinced England just have to turn up and they win the World Cup.

24 hours later and the same coverage but this time everyone is very angry, very negative and all the criticism is coming out. Individual players being slagged off, people saying several players should not be in the team.

Yesterday these players were your gods and today you are forming a lynch mob.

Incredible!

Very funny to watch and listen to though!

This is actually another one of the things which puts me off football as I was saying in the other thread. Too many people see it as being oh so important. It isn't, it just isn't. People need to get over it.....it's a game, nothing more. It's not a matter of "national pride", sorry but it just isn't. It makes no difference to the country if we never play another international game.

Saw the after match post-mortem last night and Kevin Keegan looked like he was going to blub! It's a game and means very little in the great scheme of things.

Guest anorthosite

Tut tut- he is like an Exocet missile that goes down the left wing with the passing and crossing accuracy of a laser guided bomb

Is he French then?