House Price Crash Forum

Dozens Of Teenage Girls Have Had Three Abortions Or More

HOLA441

The attitudes displayed in 'soaps' do not help. From oafish men demanding 'get rid of it'......to friends of the pregnant girl asking 'are you going to keep it?'........the impression is that a human life has about as much value as a boiled sweet. Using abortion as a form of contraception is sick.

HOLA442

There are all sorts of differences with how we live now and how things were in Victorian times. I was really pointing out that men would be alot more careful where they put their 'winkie' if they truly shared the same potential consequences as women. It is wrong that a man can walk away from an evening of 'fun' without any consequences and the poor girl has to face the psychological/emotional trauma of an abortion or the economic/social trauma of raising a child alone. You are assuming that abortion is a painfree simple process - I think many women would agree with me that it isn't. When you are pregnant all sorts of protective instincts kick in that abortion violates.

Is it wrong ? Women get pregnant - men do not. That is a simple fact of life that pretty much 99.999999999999% of the population are aware of from the age of 10 or earlier.

Should females not take more responsibility due to this ? Rather than trying to force the responsibility on the male instead ?

I think the idea of equal responsibilities in this regard is all fine and dandy. However in reality it does not make much sense. What happens when a girl gets pregnant ? She can have an abortion and she doesn't even have to inform the bloke that it's happening !!

So the bloke gets zero responsibility in that regard. So why should they have to take equal responsibility on whether it happens or not in the first place? Seems women want to have their cake and eat it. As I said in theory all fine and dandy - in reality ? Birds need to start getting a grip and realise that they have the most to lose from unprotected sex.

(1) Chlamydia - most common STD. Far more potential damage to birds rather than blokes.

(2) HIV/AIDS - most dangerous STD. Far easier to pass on to a female than onto a male.(Heterosexual sex)

(3) Pregnancy - women get pregnant, men do not.

Woman have a lot more to lose from having unprotected sex - so they should take more responsibility in their own actions. Blaming blokes for it is just lame IMO. Most of us would bang a lampost if it was dark. It's like the old description you hear of birds getting pregnant. 'I fell pregnant'. Oh really ?! You just tripped over the kerb and that was that !! How unfortunate.

No. You spread your legs for a bloke. You had sex with him. You didn't use protection. You didn't go to the docs to get the morning after pill. You didn't 'fall pregnant'. That is just a pink fluffy cloud reason to make birds feel better about their actions.

PS - I do think men have to take more responsibility. However in reality I just think this is a losing battle.

HOLA443

I really dislike these news articles and the people they get to respond to them. They always assume the statistics somehow apply to "usual" scenarios.

Without further information, you have no way of knowing whether these teenage girls are victims of crime or sexual abuse; they could be teen prostitutes, sex trafficking victims, grooming victims or victims of incest who are getting continually pregnant through no choice of their own. You have no way of knowing whether they may be mentally handicapped, or the ability to make an informed consent to sexual intercourse was even present.

In these circumstances, the comment about liberal sex education policies is just daft.

HOLA444

Is it wrong ? Women get pregnant - men do not. That is a simple fact of life that pretty much 99.999999999999% of the population are aware of from the age of 10 or earlier.

Should females not take more responsibility due to this ? Rather than trying to force the responsibility on the male instead ?

I think the idea of equal responsibilities in this regard is all fine and dandy. However in reality it does not make much sense. What happens when a girl gets pregnant ? She can have an abortion and she doesn't even have to inform the bloke that it's happening !!

So the bloke gets zero responsibility in that regard. So why should they have to take equal responsibility on whether it happens or not in the first place? Seems women want to have their cake and eat it. As I said in theory all fine and dandy - in reality ? Birds need to start getting a grip and realise that they have the most to lose from unprotected sex.

(1) Chlamydia - most common STD. Far more potential damage to birds rather than blokes.

(2) HIV/AIDS - most dangerous STD. Far easier to pass on to a female than onto a male.(Heterosexual sex)

(3) Pregnancy - women get pregnant, men do not.

Woman have a lot more to lose from having unprotected sex - so they should take more responsibility in their own actions. Blaming blokes for it is just lame IMO. Most of us would bang a lampost if it was dark. It's like the old description you hear of birds getting pregnant. 'I fell pregnant'. Oh really ?! You just tripped over the kerb and that was that !! How unfortunate.

No. You spread your legs for a bloke. You had sex with him. You didn't use protection. You didn't go to the docs to get the morning after pill. You didn't 'fall pregnant'. That is just a pink fluffy cloud reason to make birds feel better about their actions.

PS - I do think men have to take more responsibility. However in reality I just think this is a losing battle.

Our society is truly screwed up - I laughed at Mary Whitehouse when I was younger but if she was around now I would be fully supporting her. As you point out we owe it to your children to protect them in every way we can, there are a whole lot of hidden nasties out there and just one bad decision in a weak moment can have terrible consequences.

Archived