House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chewy22

Eas On The Edge?

EAs on the edge?

What is the future for estate agents now? I have just looked in the area I am interested in buying on the rightmove website and a search today of the post code plus 3 miles throws up 125 properties added in the last 14 days and only 6 changed to sold STC .

The last time I looked about 2 months ago the average amount of sales per local estate agent office was less than one a month. If they are getting new instructions at this rate how are they funding. The local rags property guide every Wednesday has gone from 32 pages in February to 48 pages this week. It must be a large drain on the office budget. Not to mention all the other costs involved.

Is this a time bomb ticking away or am I missing something?

EAs on the edge?

What is the future for estate agents now? I have just looked in the area I am interested in buying on the rightmove website and a search today of the post code plus 3 miles throws up 125 properties added in the last 14 days and only 6 changed to sold STC .

The last time I looked about 2 months ago the average amount of sales per local estate agent office was less than one a month. If they are getting new instructions at this rate how are they funding. The local rags property guide every Wednesday has gone from 32 pages in February to 48 pages this week. It must be a large drain on the office budget. Not to mention all the other costs involved.

We can dream can' t we? When I think of EAs its the only time I wish that there really was a firey hell with torturing demons! I do regular similar searches in my area (+ 10miles, £140 - £250k, 3 beds) and the results suggest that there are 2 - 6 sales per week in this category. I think that the high end of the market must be holding them up - I think I remember someone posting to this effect this week. (EA friend of someone here reporting that low end, bread and butter turnover had virtually disappeared).

EAs  on the edge?

"EAS on the edge"   are you suggesting the profession could go "Postal" to use the American expression.

I can see it now, EA organises a open house for a competitively priced house - what follows is a bloodbath.

Don't a lot of them keep afloat through rentals?

Watch out for more complaints about £150 contract renewal fees on MSE.

Why this hasn't been tackled by Mr Lewis I'm not sure - surely a big voice like him could make a difference. You don't think he's a landlord do you?

EAs on the edge?

This is a serious issue.

Google have noted an increase in the number of known UK EAs surfing for info on IEDs.

The real question is who they will be taking down with them.

Which persons coming through the door irritate EAs the most?

It may well be curtains for the big leveraged ones.

The small local estate agents have low overheads and have survived lean times before.

This is a serious issue.

Google have noted an increase in the number of known UK EAs surfing for info on IEDs.

The real question is who they will be taking down with them.

Which persons coming through the door irritate EAs the most?

Lol :rolleyes:

Didn’t see that one coming.

Seriously some and even the small ones must be running out of cash. New instructions and no sales will be stretching the office budget. I can see one EA my area has about 340 properties on the books. Must be a serious drain if you can only shift maybe a couple max a week.

'EAs on the Edge' would be compulsive TV viewing.

Each week a dozen EAs are lined up on the top of a tall building or a precipice with barely enough room for their feet and...

Do you know Bob Newhart's 'Ledge Psychology'?

His greatest ever monologue.

1% for doing very little is not a bad little earner. ;)

Not really bothered either way whether they are suffering or not . They sell property that's how they make a living , they don't force anyone to buy or not to buy.

However I have moved a few times , have always paid more than 1% usually between 1.5% - 2% . Yes it's lots of money but very few transactions are straight forward and in cases it is the agent who makes sure that exchange takes place , without exchange you have nothing but a promise to buy , which is nothing.

It is the estate agents job to get the sales to exchange.