House Price Crash Forum

Expense Claims Four Told They Must Stand Trial

Woot

HOLA441
Expense claims four told they must stand trialMICHAEL SETTLE, UK POLITICAL EDITOR

Former Labour MP Jim Devine, two former Westminster colleagues and a Conservative peer will stand trial accused of fiddling their expenses after a judge threw out their bid to avoid a court case.

The politicians had argued that they were protected by 300-year-old parliamentary privilege and so could be dealt with by the UK Parliament alone.

However, Mr Justice Saunders flatly rejected their argument, saying: “I can see no logical, practical or moral justification for a claim for expenses being covered by privilege and I can see no legal justification for

it either.”

He stressed that his ruling cleared the way for “what most people accused of criminal behaviour would wish for: a fair, trial before an impartial jury”.

Excellent, but what about Baronness Uddin - still receiving protection eh?

HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury

Excellent, but what about Baronness Uddin - still receiving protection eh?

One suspects these 4 will now do a bit of time.

Their bottoms are going to be very sore.

HOLA443
HOLA444

One suspects these 4 will now do a bit of time.

Their bottoms are going to be very sore.

Do you really think they will? I'd have thought they'd be made an example of, but as tokens would be protected from the real punishment.

I still want to see Uddin penalized - it's utterly abhorent that she has been protected because of her sex, race and religion! Her cumulative crimes spoke volumes of her (alleged) personal integrity and should be addressed.

HOLA445

Do you really think they will? I'd have thought they'd be made an example of, but as tokens would be protected from the real punishment.

I still want to see Uddin penalized - it's utterly abhorent that she has been protected because of her sex, race and religion! Her cumulative crimes spoke volumes of her (alleged) personal integrity and should be addressed.

Agree absolutely.

HOLA446

We should go China on them, corruption = death no ifs no buts, well not quite they do nasty things to you like stick you in a Laogai (hard labour death camp) work you till you are almost dead then shoot you in the head and harvest your organs (which is bad in China because this means your soul wonders the earth forever as your remains are not whole in death)

A football referee who took a bribe last March is facing death because he took a bribe to fix the game.

HOLA447

Archived