House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Name Of A Book?

There was a book somebody mentioned on HPC about how robots aren't going to make most of the population unemployed (I completely disagree with this BMW man was recently replaced as a warehouse picker he says by these orange robot thingies.

Does anybody know the name of the book.

Thanks

Guest anorthosite

'Sex Slaves of our Robot Overlords'.

I for one welcome our robot overlords.

I for one welcome our robot overlords.

Mine's OK

cylon6.jpg

Don't think much of yours.

domo_robot.jpg

Guest anorthosite

Mine's OK

cylon6.jpg

Don't think much of yours.

domo_robot.jpg

I had a foursome in mind...

Battlestar-Galactica-Boomer-grace-park-908307_1020_1360.jpg

Mine's OK

cylon6.jpg

Interesting you mention that one of the backpackers I met in Mongolia worked with Caprica six, he ended up laying in a vat of KY jelly with her naked for over 5 hours it was for that episode with the resurrection ship in it. He showed me some funny vids of it too.

Interesting you mention that one of the backpackers I met in Mongolia worked with Caprica six, he ended up laying in a vat of KY jelly with her naked for over 5 hours it was for that episode with the resurrection ship in it. He showed me some funny vids of it too.

Did he volunteer or did he win the sweepstake?

Did he volunteer or did he win the sweepstake?

Nah, he worked as an unseen extra on the BSG series, when I mean unseen I mean he was the hands for Commander Adama and Baltar, so they could pay the actor (James Callis) who stared as Baltar less.

So when you see Baltar pick up a book it is his hands or when Baltars hand on Tricia Helfer's boob or bum in a scan down (there it starts from the face with the camera moving down the body) it was HIS hand on her boob, though where there wasn't a face scan down they used another stand in for Tricia Helfer.

Nah, he worked as an unseen extra on the BSG series, when I mean unseen I mean he was the hands for Commander Adama and Baltar, so they could pay the actor (James Callis) who stared as Baltar less.

So when you see Baltar pick up a book it is his hands or when Baltars hand on Tricia Helfer's boob or bum in a scan down (there it starts from the face with the camera moving down the body) it was HIS hand on her boob, though where there wasn't a face scan down they used another stand in for Tricia Helfer.

Backpackers tales....

At least they've moved on from everyone being a fighter pilot. Once or twice I thought the RAF and USAF must be running quite short....

Backpackers tales....

Considering he had a fairly long video of him being pulled of the vat of jelly with a slurp and everybody laughing at him inc #6 he had to be one hell of a photoshopper and or video editor to fake that.

His hand also has a particular scar on it just around his thumb and finger.

It is like the stunt ar5e I met in Mongolia too, nobody believed him until he went and searched for films where he was the receiving party and Crystal and Leane compared it to what was seen on screen they said it was one and the same.

I'd have been prepared to do that kind of work pro boner.

Oh and the book is "The lights in the tunnel" by Martin Ford, although people have been writing the same book repeatedly since since 1940s, this is just what its called this time around. A more serious account is to be found in discussions of the 'deskilling hypothesis' (e.g., Henry Braverman "Labour and monopoly capital") which I think personally is closer to the mark and as he says; It has become fashionable, however, to attribute to machinery the powers over humanity which arise in fact from social relations.

I'd have been prepared to do that kind of work pro boner.

Oh and the book is "The lights in the tunnel" by Martin Ford, although people have been writing the same book repeatedly since since 1940s, this is just what its called this time around. A more serious account is to be found in discussions of the 'deskilling hypothesis' (e.g., Henry Braverman "Labour and monopoly capital") which I think personally is closer to the mark and as he says; It has become fashionable, however, to attribute to machinery the powers over humanity which arise in fact from social relations.

Where did you get to be so brainy, Cogs?

I'm not being sarcastic; I enjoy your posts. You must be immensely well-read.