House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest X-QUORK

Which Is Your Favourite Cement?

Guest X-QUORK

Could we make it a public poll, for the fascinating psychological insight each member's personal choice might provide?

Sorry Durch, it won't let me change it. I thought it might put people off voting if they felt too scrutinised.

Guest anorthosite

I've gone for the organic option. I expect the BNP mob will be here soon to vote...

Guest X-QUORK

I'll admit I went for the slaglime because it has the word "slag" in it.

I also have reservations about the Freudian implications of the theme. It's a thread about cement: think about that: cement, cemen-t: might you subconsciously be telling us that you like semen in your tea?

Id go for Airfix Polystyrene cement.

great for leaving fingermarks on transparencies.

Like I'm expected to answer such an important question w/o reference to the application and environmental conditions. Get real.

Guest happy?

I think you may have cribbed this from a US site. However, I have voted after much consideration. If no cement achieves an overall majority would a coalition be on the cards?

Bloody good thread. Too many people use this forum for mindless trivia when serious stuff like this is what really needs addressing.

I think Ive caught lime disease from this thread.

Guest X-QUORK

Well, I won't try and hide my disappointment at the lack of participation in this poll, it seems some of you are never happy...even when I throw you choice "discussion nuggets" like this one. :angry:

No point begging me to do another poll either, I've had it with you lot.

Guest theboltonfury

Well, I won't try and hide my disappointment at the lack of participation in this poll, it seems some of you are never happy...even when I throw you choice "discussion nuggets" like this one. :angry:

Maybe, if you'd included RMC in the poll, you wouldn't have been treated with such disdain.

I wanted to vote for balsa cement, but I wasn't given the opportunity. If there's one thing that HPC should have taught you, it's that all ballots should have "none of the above" as an option.

31X4%2BCDuG0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Guest theboltonfury

I wanted to vote for balsa cement, but I wasn't given the opportunity. If there's one thing that HPC should have taught you, it's that all ballots should have "none of the above" as an option.

31X4%2BCDuG0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You could really ****** up a Spitfire with that stuff. The liquid stuff they made later made no difference to me.

All Airfix models ended as 50% plastic, 45% glue and 5% enamel paint. Never bothered with the decals.

Id go for Airfix Polystyrene cement.

great for leaving fingermarks on transparencies.

That brings back memories!

I recall little pots of paint too.