House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djm1972

Argos Desparately Trying To Verbify Their Name!

If anyone from Argos is reading this, please tell your marketing people that verbification of a brand name is something you earn, not something you ask for. :P

If anyone from Argos is reading this, please tell your marketing people that verbification of a brand name is something you earn, not something you ask for. :P

How? Where? are Argos doing this? Link?

"Find it. Get it. Argos it."

Agreed. Its crap.

Seems to be an 'h' missing.

I liked Linda Smith's take on it ...home shopping plus a walk... the system of shopping that brought down the Eastern Block. Although it has been said only the British could invent a shopping experience that involved three types of queuing.

I wonder what the local gay scene in Amsterdam will make of it.

In one of the gay areas, opposite the "Cockring" club is the following "leather bar", the oldest leather bar in Europe apparently!:

argos-2.jpg

Guest happy?

I liked Linda Smith's take on it ...home shopping plus a walk... the system of shopping that brought down the Eastern Block. Although it has been said only the British could invent a shopping experience that involved three types of queuing.

On the few occasions I've visited Argos I've always expected to get to the second queue (having paid) expecting to be told that whatever it is I've come into buy is no longer available but they do have root vegetables.

Maybe they could brand it as a pre-glasnost theme park.

I could understand Argos 20 years ago when there weren't so many huge megastores selling cheap tat of all descriptions but what's the point of looking in a huge catalogue and buying crap sight unseen these days?