House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daniel stallion

Proof That New Labia Completely Screwed This Country Up

Last night (Thursday in case this thread runs for a while) a whole load of black kids had a massive party two doors down from me. Where they were the party would have been keeping people awake in about 20 maisonettes (each with 3-4 bedrooms) and in a reasonably big tower block of flats - this is a conservative estimate since they were loud enough to wake my housemate up and he could sleep through world war three so they were probably annoying people further away. At half past midnight I went out to talk to them since there was an awful lot of shouting going on outside. I pointed out to them that it was Thursday night and that while I wasn't planning to go to bed any time soon I was sure that other people were being kept awake and maybe they should think about being a bit considerate since people had work the next morning. They gave me a bit of aggro asking who had a problem and saying that they've had parties before and nobody complained (if they did then it must have been on a Friday or Saturday night because I definitely wasn't in).

About 20 minutes later they cranked up the music loud enough that it was coming through the walls from two doors down and my housemate came home and wanted to go to bed so we called around to them again, pointed out that it was now 1 am and that people had work in the morning. Again they started on about how nobody else had complained and I pointed out that probably the reason that nobody else had complained was because they were about 30 black kids and they were probably scared to say anything. This resulted in them shouting at me calling me racist and I had to go back inside and lock the door because I thought they were going to attack me (I'm a girl and 5'3"). I have black friends and chinese friends, I even have a ginger friend and an american friend, but I got called racist by a load of black kids who didn't seem to have invited one white kid to their party for pointing out that people might be afraid to ask them to knock it off because they were black. This is what 13 years of new labour have done to this country.

After the second encounter I called environmental health. I happened to look out the window when the guy from the council came. He didn't even get out of the car, I'm guessing he was too afraid to because he realised it was a load of black kids.

Sorry, what is this proof of?

That kids these days have absolutely no respect for other people and that the pc staziness has gotten so bad that you get called racist for pointing out that other people might be afraid to confront a load of black kids.

You got called racist for saying to a black kid that people might be scared of him/her and his/her friends purely based on the colour of their skin?

What's the problem?

Or do you see it more as prejudice than racist and are a stickler for semantics?

Last night (Thursday in case this thread runs for a while) a whole load of black kids had a massive party two doors down from me. Where they were the party would have been keeping people awake in about 20 maisonettes (each with 3-4 bedrooms) and in a reasonably big tower block of flats - this is a conservative estimate since they were loud enough to wake my housemate up and he could sleep through world war three so they were probably annoying people further away. At half past midnight I went out to talk to them since there was an awful lot of shouting going on outside. I pointed out to them that it was Thursday night and that while I wasn't planning to go to bed any time soon I was sure that other people were being kept awake and maybe they should think about being a bit considerate since people had work the next morning. They gave me a bit of aggro asking who had a problem and saying that they've had parties before and nobody complained (if they did then it must have been on a Friday or Saturday night because I definitely wasn't in).

About 20 minutes later they cranked up the music loud enough that it was coming through the walls from two doors down and my housemate came home and wanted to go to bed so we called around to them again, pointed out that it was now 1 am and that people had work in the morning. Again they started on about how nobody else had complained and I pointed out that probably the reason that nobody else had complained was because they were about 30 black kids and they were probably scared to say anything. This resulted in them shouting at me calling me racist and I had to go back inside and lock the door because I thought they were going to attack me (I'm a girl and 5'3"). I have black friends and chinese friends, I even have a ginger friend and an american friend, but I got called racist by a load of black kids who didn't seem to have invited one white kid to their party for pointing out that people might be afraid to ask them to knock it off because they were black. This is what 13 years of new labour have done to this country.

After the second encounter I called environmental health. I happened to look out the window when the guy from the council came. He didn't even get out of the car, I'm guessing he was too afraid to because he realised it was a load of black kids.

Unpleasant, but not sure I would hold Labour (they were never "new") responsible for it.

Is there any reason to be more afraid of a load of black kids than a load of white or Asian kids?

That kids these days have absolutely no respect for other people and that the pc staziness has gotten so bad that you get called racist for pointing out that other people might be afraid to confront a load of black kids.

agressive / unruly / yobbish kids are agressive / unruly / yobbish kids whatever colour they are

I doubt the enviromental health guy would have been any braver if it had been a bunch of white thugs

They were first year university students. If it had been the white girls upstairs he would have had no problem knocking on the door.

How do you know this man's reaction? I would speculate that he doesn't want to take any risks.

agressive / unruly / yobbish kids are agressive / unruly / yobbish kids whatever colour they are

I doubt the enviromental health guy would have been any braver if it had been a bunch of white thugs

Especially if he were black and the party guys had very short haircuts and "patriotic" tatoos like a fair number of the youth not so far from here.

You got called racist for saying to a black kid that people might be scared of him/her and his/her friends purely based on the colour of their skin?

What's the problem?

Or do you see it more as prejudice than racist and are a stickler for semantics?

Think you've just proved the OP right.

Massive aggro from a gang of 30 youths with the authorities too scared to do anything about it and you think it's more important that the op might have mentioned the colour of their skin.

The country is screwed up indeed.

Not just the colour of their skin - also the fact that they making themselves up to be "gangstas" with their trousers practically around their knees and playing loud R n B music. How does pointing out the bleeding obvious fact that people would be more wary to complain because of this make me racist? As I said before, they were the ones that didn't have a single white kid at their party.

The fact that in your post and complaint to the kids you highlighted the fact that they were black as a reason people would be scared of them.

Even if you don't acknowledge it is prejudiced (it is), do you not see why that was inflammatory? Or was it deliberate?

I have every sympathy for the situation with disrespectful people being unreasonable. However, to blame it, even partly on their skin colour is pretty obviously prejudiced.

Think you've just proved the OP right.

Massive aggro from a gang of 30 youths with the authorities too scared to do anything about it and you think it's more important that the op might have mentioned the colour of their skin.

The country is screwed up indeed.

Mentioned?

If it was about youths - why 'mention' 'black kids' several times and even admit to telling the kids people would be scared of them because they were black?

Pretty obvious that the OP has more than just an issue with the authorities reaction.

Mentioned?

If it was about youths - why 'mention' 'black kids' several times and even admit to telling the kids people would be scared of them because they were black?

Pretty obvious that the OP has more than just an issue with the authorities reaction.

Becauase the kids started screaming about racism to her. :rolleyes:

He was an environmental health officer - it's his job to knock on people's doors and ask them to keep it down.

Not without support. Irrespective whether they are black or not. He's probably got a wife and kids of his own. Nothing to do with Labour. I understand your fears though, but maybe if you dropped some of your predudice, you might find you are able to deal and live with these annoyances.

i don't see how pointing out to them that other people might be prejudiced makes me prejudiced.

Edit: and I made that remark as a direct reply to them asking why nobody else had complained if they were causing such a disturbance.

You didn't point out the other people might be prejudiced - you suggested they probably were. Why would you assume people would be prejudiced and how do you think that assumption would come across to a black person?

Guest Mrs Bradley

He was an environmental health officer- it's his job to knock on people's doors and ask them to keep it down.

Ths is where the public sector cuts should be.dry.gif I have heard very little good about this dept. and the dealings I myself have had, have meant that I have had to threaten them with God knows what to get them off their backsides.

Jobsworths.

Team up with the immediate neighbours and organize an impromptu Wagner appreciation party.

Hire some really powerful sound equipment and enjoy the sound wars. :)

Another ploy, can you still buy good stink bombs from joke shops? :ph34r:

Not without support. Irrespective whether they are black or not. He's probably got a wife and kids of his own. Nothing to do with Labour. I understand your fears though, but maybe if you dropped some of your predudice, you might find you are able to deal and live with these annoyances.

Perhaps we could employ people to offer support - we could give them big sticks and radios and handcuffs and guns and whatever else they need. We'll have to think up a name for them first though.

And there's a fair chance that if it were a group of white middle class kids rather than black wanabe gangstas the EHO would've had several van loads of plod there in about 5 minutes.

How does pointing out the bleeding obvious fact that people would be more wary to complain because of this make me racist? As I said before, they were the ones that didn't have a single white kid at their party.

I've had parties at my house where there hasn't been a single black person there; does that make me a racist?

Not quite sure what point it you're making with that comment tbh.

They were first year university students. If it had been the white girls upstairs he would have had no problem knocking on the door.

No shit sherlock. :rolleyes:

After she suggested people would be scared of them for being black? I wonder how they made that giant logical leap....

Bulls***

And, back to my OP, we have a f***ed up country when people like you think it's more terrible to mention skin colour than to organise a huge p*** up and threaten and abuse anyone who objects.

Ths is where the public sector cuts should be.dry.gif I have heard very little good about this dept. and the dealings I myself have had, have meant that I have had to threaten them with God knows what to get them off their backsides.

Jobsworths.

+1

totally inneffectual.

Team up with the immediate neighbours and organize an impromptu Wagner appreciation party.

Hire some really powerful sound equipment and enjoy the sound wars. :)

I had an issue with a shift-working neighbour who wouldn't respond to a civil request for turning down a stereo system.

As he started a pattern of nights, I invited my pipe band to practice sessions in the garden and the problem stereo system was played at much more acceptable levels thereafter.

Ignorant bastards will always be ignorant bastards until you push back.

Perhaps we could employ people to offer support - we could give them big sticks and radios and handcuffs and guns and whatever else they need. We'll have to think up a name for them first though.

And there's a fair chance that if it were a group of white middle class kids rather than black wanabe gangstas the EHO would've had several van loads of plod there in about 5 minutes.

Well we've got them they are called coppers. I don't blame the man for putting himself in danger. If there was not the predudice coming from both sides then this situation may be more easily resolved. I don't think PC is all Labour fault I believe it to be the product of concensus politics. I don't know if you old enough to remember byt it has been around a very long time and been introduced by Blues and Reds and you will see some more under Blue and orange

Do you want me to call one of my black mates and ask him if he'd be happier asking a load of black uni students playing gangstas to keep it down or their white classmates? Because I haven't been brainwashed by the PC brigade I do actually talk to my black friend about these things and he tells me that people do react to him differently because of the colour of his skin. They wont actually come out and say anything but they do treat him differently.

Yeah, lets get him on a conference call. No. Well done though for having such a diverse group of friends, you probably even talk to gay people.

What you have described is known as prejudice - some people may call it racism. It's very much like telling a black person people are probably scared of them because they are black.

Yeah, lets get him on a conference call. No. Well done though for having such a diverse group of friends, you probably even talk to gay people.

What you have described is known as prejudice - some people may call it racism. It's very much like telling a black person people are probably scared of them because they are black.

OHH Stallion you've got 666 posts stay away from me with your four horseman