House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheEmperorHasNoClothes

Are You An Internet Marketer?

Just wondering how many people on this forum are doing Internet Marketing (IM) either part time or full time?

If you haven't heard of the term IM - it's quite broad and includes things like:

• Selling and promoting your own products online
  • Promoting other people's products and getting commission (affiliate marketing)
  • Making money from adverts
  • Helping companies with Search Engine optimisation

If so what's your story and how you getting on with it?

I got into this stuff a couple of years ago and tried lots of whacky ideas (that failed) but now seriously learning the ABC of it all. Forums like WarriorForum and Digital Point are very helpful but you have to be very discerning as to what you believe on those forums.

I love the idea that you can set up a business that you can run from anywhere - which means you can run it from somewhere (UK or abroad) with affordable houses for sale and the climate / culture you want.

Also the income security of selling products around the world across different countries (you can sell American products to Americans for example and get commission) means although you may suffer bad months there is less risk of losing it all such as you would if made redundant from a job.

Also the really clever and efficient people who do this tend to eventually work fewer hours ... now that is appealing :-)

Just wondering how many people on this forum are doing Internet Marketing (IM) either part time or full time?

If you haven't heard of the term IM - it's quite broad and includes things like:

• Promoting other people's products and getting commission (affiliate marketing)

I got into this stuff a couple of years ago and tried lots of whacky ideas (that failed) but now seriously learning the ABC of it all. Forums like WarriorForum and Digital Point are very helpful but you have to be very discerning as to what you believe on those forums.

I love the idea that you can set up a business that you can run from anywhere - which means you can run it from somewhere (UK or abroad) with affordable houses for sale and the climate / culture you want.

Also the income security of selling products around the world across different countries (you can sell American products to Americans for example and get commission) means although you may suffer bad months there is less risk of losing it all such as you would if made redundant from a job.

Also the really clever and efficient people who do this tend to eventually work fewer hours ... now that is appealing :-)

I`m interested in it, have written some e-books but have not really researched very well the best payment gateway and best web hosting, and I am assuming that adobe products are the best to present an e-book for sale as a download? I will check out the sites you mentioned. Thanks.

By your definition, I'm an internet marketeer in that my work is entirely internet based and so my location is irrelevant to it - I'm a technical translator. I started by simply advertising on Google, but now I've got a steady customer base and haven't needed to advertise for a long time now.

Although my work doesn't bind me to any particular location, my family life does, so unfortunately I can't just hop off to some (internet connected) desert island at the moment. :(

Edit: More's the pity, since houses in my area seem to be bucking the national trend and selling like hot cakes for ridiculous prices. :angry:

I have written and have published on iTunes 2 iphone apps and 1 ipad app - does that make me an internet marketer?

Forums like WarriorForum and Digital Point are very helpful but you have to be very discerning as to what you believe on those forums.

So not like HPC then, where you can believe everything you read? :blink:

I did it, mainly selling my own products, but sometimes other people's (physical and digital), with a blend of Google Adsense and the odd website commission thrown into the mix, and it allowed me to uproot. Came to Paris just over 2 years ago, and have now bought a nice country home in Charente, and will be moving next year.

If I wanted to, I could work just 2 days a week, but it pays to put in those extra hours, because markets change, and you can't afford to have lots of eggs in one basket. Ultimately I end up working more hours than I would in a regular job, but I'm hoping to chill out a lot more when I move, as the garden will probably demand more of my time! :o

I did it, mainly selling my own products, but sometimes other people's (physical and digital), with a blend of Google Adsense and the odd website commission thrown into the mix, and it allowed me to uproot. Came to Paris just over 2 years ago, and have now bought a nice country home in Charente, and will be moving next year.

If I wanted to, I could work just 2 days a week, but it pays to put in those extra hours, because markets change, and you can't afford to have lots of eggs in one basket. Ultimately I end up working more hours than I would in a regular job, but I'm hoping to chill out a lot more when I move, as the garden will probably demand more of my time! ohmy.gif

Nice Avatar, is that Gordon eventully being told to f*uck off from humping the UK?

There was a huge thread on this recently. I think it was Rolf ? Title was 'Right HPC lets make some money'

Or something similar. Loads of info on there if you want it.

PS - Search on Google will be easier to find.

I make money by marketing ebooks which are about how to make money from internet marketing.

I also write a blog that tells people how to make money from writing blogs.