House Price Crash Forum

Here's an idea.

For every month the geoverment pays the mortgage for someone, it receives equity in the property. Say .25% so at the end of one year the goverment own 3% of the house.

If house is sold money to be taked directly from the deal.

Here's an idea.

For every month the geoverment pays the mortgage for someone, it receives equity in the property. Say .25% so at the end of one year the goverment own 3% of the house.

they could call it homebuy, and maybe they could advertise a 3 bed semi for £90K, part ownership.

Here's an idea.

Seems good to me. I dare say the mortgage agreement has a clause preventing partial selling without the approval of the lender, but given the choice between delinquency or govmt payments, I am sure the banks would approve.

Seems good to me. I dare say the mortgage agreement has a clause preventing partial selling without the approval of the lender, but given the choice between delinquency or govmt payments, I am sure the banks would approve.

It's a shame anyone loses their home for whatever reason, but it's only right the taxpayer gets something back in return.

The scheme could be then extended indefinitley as it is self-financing. Probably a lot of people now coming up to the 2 year limit.

Big problem would be an increase in admin associated with such a scheme.

It's a shame anyone loses their home for whatever reason, but it's only right the taxpayer gets something back in return.

The scheme could be then extended indefinitley as it is self-financing. Probably a lot of people now coming up to the 2 year limit.

Big problem would be an increase in admin associated with such a scheme.

Its a shame anyone loses anything...but lose they must...otherwise the whole system would lose confidence...no recourse means no payback...which means no loans and no system.

Its a shame anyone loses anything...but lose they must...otherwise the whole system would lose confidence...no recourse means no payback...which means no loans and no system.

They still lose equity in their house.

They still lose equity in their house.

but, they GAIN>...no payments every month...no hassle...spare cash as government pays 6.3ish percent regardless of their interest rate....they keep a house they can no longer afford.

SOCIETY LOSES>..the payments, the innefficiency costs of paying them ( civil service forms and applications, checks, tax collection)...a house on the market...a bank with an impaired asset loses value.....

no....it CLEARLY says on the form when you apply for a mortgage....YOUR HOME IS AT RISK.....they risked it..they lost...kick them out.

Here's an idea.

I like the idea of the govt creating council houses. ;-)

Should you have an option to pay the govt back?

SOCIETY LOSES>..the payments, the innefficiency costs of paying them ( civil service forms and applications, checks, tax collection)...a house on the market...a bank with an impaired asset loses value.....

This happens already.

but, they GAIN>...no payments every month...no hassle...spare cash as government pays 6.3ish percent regardless of their interest rate....they keep a house they can no longer afford.

no....it CLEARLY says on the form when you apply for a mortgage....YOUR HOME IS AT RISK.....they risked it..they lost...kick them out.

Jaw dropping stuff isnt it?

I wonder which saviour of the world dreamt that up <_<

I hope he dies in his own shit.

This happens already.

I know...thats why it must stop. I feel that your idea just kills everything off by making this sort of behaviour part and parcel of the system...if you buy a house privately, then the deal must be kept private.

Im all for a safety net for when people get into trouble, but supporting 200K in mortgage interest is a lot more than B+B

Here's an idea.

In a falling house price situation, they'll be competing with the bank for that money. Who should get it?

Does the taxpayer cough up?

Or does the bank?

If you say the bank, do you expect the bank to lend anything to anyone given that the government can steal equity from them in this way?

I know...thats why it must stop. I feel that your idea just kills everything off by making this sort of behaviour part and parcel of the system...if you buy a house privately, then the deal must be kept private.

Im all for a safety net for when people get into trouble, but supporting 200K in mortgage interest is a lot more than B+B

Easier for both sides if they stay in the same house.

And with my idea the government gets it's money back.

It's just an idea I had while doing some blue-sky out-of the box thinking while pushing the envelope.

It's got some merit, I think.

Under the current system they can just MEW away again if they get back on their feet having been helped by the taxpayer.

Are you serious or being sarcastic? If you are serious, then you are a ******ing dumbass. Do you know how bubbles work?

..have you been paying any attention to this forum for the last few years?

Easier for both sides if they stay in the same house.

And with my idea the government gets it's money back.

It's just an idea I had while doing some blue-sky out-of the box thinking while pushing the envelope.

It's got some merit, I think.

Under the current system they can just MEW away again if they get back on their feet having been helped by the taxpayer.

Back burner for you, innovation and creativity more important than extended support for investors...the country has financial "difficulties" my researchers tell me.

Back burner for you, innovation and creativity more important than extended support for investors...the country has financial "difficulties" my researchers tell me.

It's better than the present system where the taxpayer gets nothing back and then the "homeowner" can MEW away again having been kept in that very home by the taxpayer.

Are you serious or being sarcastic? If you are serious, then you are a ******ing dumbass. Do you know how bubbles work?

No need to be abusive.

This would help prevent a bubble in the future.

Reducing their equity stops them participating so easily in the next bubble. Reduces Bank of Mum and Dad as well.