List Of Over 11,000 Empty Residential Properties In The City Of Liverpool

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Probably 11,000. If I was a cleverer man a solution would present itself.

:)

The councils are allowed to take over empty properties aren't they?

Oh yes!

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=2830

1 Empty Dwelling Management Orders (EDMO) under the Housing Act 2004

We can make EDMOs on properties that have been empty for at least six months. There are two types of EDMO – interim and final. An interim EDMO lasts for up to 12 months but a final EDMO can last up to seven, 14 or 21 years.

An EDMO allows the Authority to:

* take over the property as if it were the owner

* make sure that empty properties are occupied and managed properly.

The Authority will bring the property back into use but the property owner will still own it. The Authority can take any costs to improve the property from the rents received when the property is let.

------------

in Oldham it's 3030 empty propertys and 11000 on the council waiting lists.

So a letter to the local free paper has been written!

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

There are further massive residential developments in the pipeline. Peel Holdings, who took over the Docks, are getting public money to redevelop brownfield sites.

A cutting opportunity, surely. How about some productive capacity?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

9406 in Manchester

http://www.whatdothe...%20FOI.doc.html

882 in Ancoats and clayton where's there's supposed to be thousands of unfinished stuff too.

Do you suspect many of these are new build or are they older semi-derilict? It's a bit difficult to tell from the areas alone because many of them have seen new build apartments as well as having a much older housing stock. Ancoats/Clayton being a good example of both I suspect.

What do you think?

HOLA4416

:)

------------

in Oldham it's 3030 empty propertys and 11000 on the council waiting lists.

So a letter to the local free paper has been written!

I'm assuming these 11000 are all in other properties surely. Unless policy in Oldam is to keep all people on the CH waiting list in a massive warehouse.

HOLA4417

I'm assuming these 11000 are all in other properties surely. Unless policy in Oldam is to keep all people on the CH waiting list in a massive warehouse.

Yeah a huge warehouse where they open the windows once a week for some fresh air (imported from Cheshire I believe)

I assume there's a number in temp accomodation or classed as homeless.

HOLA4418

Yeah a huge warehouse where they open the windows once a week for some fresh air (imported from Cheshire I believe)

I assume there's a number in temp accomodation or classed as homeless.

I consider myself to be living in temp acc. I could get a council house but moving into it would leave this empty. So no net change to amount of empty properties.

As for real homeless people ie really homeless living under a bridge or in a park homeless, cant be that many of them, to fill the empty properties.

HOLA4419

Hey, what a great site/link

What Do They Know

Make and Explore Freedom of Information Requests

The more people know about this the better. There is actually a facility to make a request.

Just had a rummage around my local authority. Fascinating, because a lot of this this stuff won't make the local press (when perhaps it should).

Good find OP.

HOLA4420

Do you suspect many of these are new build or are they older semi-derilict? It's a bit difficult to tell from the areas alone because many of them have seen new build apartments as well as having a much older housing stock. Ancoats/Clayton being a good example of both I suspect.

What do you think?

Not sure about Manchester, but the Liverpool list includes the addresses - and some of those are definitely new/fairly new (e.g. Beetham Plaza).

I have no reason to suspect that other towns are different to L'pool in this respect...

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Thanks for that. There's a couple of my old student houses on there.

A lot empty in the docks.

Your very welcome! You will find people have done this sort of FOI request for many council's, for commercial and residential properties.

Knowsley next door (Liverpool overspill borough, mostly built by the City of Liverpool, moved everyone from the slums into Knowsley/Huyton/Kirkby in the 50s then told them all to f*ck off and set up your own borough :P ..

Knowsley has 4,000 empty properties I think, against a population of 150,000

FOI your concil and find out.

HOLA4423

It's worth noting also, 2,450 of those 11,000+ properties have FLAT or APARTMENT in the address.

1,345 properties listed empty within the L1, L2 and L3 postcodes. These are city centre postcodes except L3 which includes some of Riverside Drive/Dock Road apartment areas such as Merchant Quay (Who would live there??? Honestly. You have to walk UP through the streets where Bread used to be filmed just to get to a shop or off license It's 10/15 minute walk all up a very, very steep hill and in the middle of nowhere basically:blink:

HOLA4424

we already do,empty shops pay full rates and empty hosues are paid at 90%

when my old family home was empty as I was moved elsewhere I got pinged for 90% council tax straight away(I moved within the same council area,they were straigh onto it.)

The exemption doesn't start again when it's sold etc.