House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Gordon Brown's Henchmen Are Rewriting History

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/gordon-brown-s-henchmen-are-rewriting-history-as-we-sink-into-the-red-tele-068a2bc88fb8.html?x=0

Gordon Brown's henchmen are rewriting history as we sink into the red

Jeff "Geoffrey" Randall, 20:53, Thursday 10 June 2010

The time for delusion, deceit and dodgy economic figures is over, argues Jeff Randall
If you're less than thrilled by today's World Cup kick-off, fret not: there's plenty of good sport elsewhere on television. My favourite viewing is the disintegration of Labour's effort to defend its disgraceful record in government. Some of the own goals are spectacular. Faced with the horror of exclusion from office for at least five years, former ministers Ed Balls, Lord Myners and others are rewriting their part in the policies that helped wreck the United Kingdom's social cohesion and financial solidity. Not since Shaggy's chart-topping song It Wasn't Me have we been treated to such a ridiculous attempt at self-exculpation.

Makes sense as there is no way anyone will vote for them unless they establish that the coming woes were nothing to do with them.

Has anyone read anything about Brown's whereabouts--its as if he has dropped of the face of the earth never to be heard from again. Now that is a thought.

Has anyone read anything about Brown's whereabouts--its as if he has dropped of the face of the earth never to be heard from again. Now that is a thought.

He is in secret negotiations to make his millions, hoping to outdo Blair. It is an ex PM`s privilege. ;)

It was only a matter of time. Sad that they are all so predictable. I suggest though it is important that we remember what they did and said at the time: don't buy into the revisionist version. We were there and we saw history in the making, not history in the making-up!

The labour spin from here is going to be along the lines of cuts are un-neccsary, with 3.5% projected growth deficit not a problem except for tories failure to lock in recovery - double dip recession all tories fault etc. etc. etc.

It's a pack of lies but you really need to know what's going on to see through it. :(

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/gordon-brown-s-henchmen-are-rewriting-history-as-we-sink-into-the-red-tele-068a2bc88fb8.html?x=0

Something in the Telegraph yesterday about him, that he hasn't been seen in Parliament but I take it he's been sworn in? Anyway, according to Darling, Gordo his 'reflectiing' in his con-stitch-Uency.

Something in the Telegraph yesterday about him, that he hasn't been seen in Parliament but I take it he's been sworn in? Anyway, according to Darling, Gordo his 'reflectiing' in his con-stitch-Uency.

If he had a reflection I could believe that

I've followed politics since the 1970s and I can't remember a losing PM so effectively, and quickly, discarded.

No interviews on who should succeed him as leader, no articles in the paper, not even a mention of him by name by anybody on the TV or Radio that I've noticed.

It is the quiet erasing of a shambolic 3 years in charge. Was it all a dream a lá Dallas?

I tried a search for 'gordon brown recluse' to see if anything comes up and keep getting links to a type of spider, the "brown recluse." Appropriate? I'm sure there's a metaphor there somewhere about Robert Bruce and caves, and 'contemplating.' :)

It's a pack of lies but you really need to know what's going on to see through it. :(

If only the conservatives didn't lie as well, this might be easily untangled

It couldn't have anything to do with that question that Andrew Marr asked him could it?