House Price Crash Forum

Economic Crisis And Competition For Resources

nuts

HOLA441

History tells us that economic crisis and competition for resources (e.g. Oil) often play out as Military conflicts. Examples:

Germany during WWII especially the attack on Russia to seize oil fields... but arguably a war to gain resource to finance German debts to Wall St.

Iraq / Kuwait Gulf War 1

Pearl Harbour following the US cut-off of oil exports to Japan in July 1941.

Argentinia invading the Falklands following severe economic crisis and inflation

My question to fellow HPCers is who will fight at this time of economic crisis... and what will this do to the economy & house prices ?

HOLA442

History tells us that economic crisis and competition for resources (e.g. Oil) often play out as Military conflicts. Examples:

Germany during WWII especially the attack on Russia to seize oil fields... but arguably a war to gain resource to finance German debts to Wall St.

Iraq / Kuwait Gulf War 1

Pearl Harbour following the US cut-off of oil exports to Japan in July 1941.

Argentinia invading the Falklands following severe economic crisis and inflation

My question to fellow HPCers is who will fight at this time of economic crisis... and what will this do to the economy & house prices ?

Aren't we already doing that with Iraq and Afghanistan? The US will take what they want when it comes time, and we will help as usual.

I didn't know the bit about Pearl Harbour being initiaited by an oil embargo.