House Price Crash Forum

£30,000 London Homes!

erd

HOLA441
HOLA442
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/art...28&in_page_id=8

2.6M wide (about 8 1/2 feet for you old guys), What you expect for the money, to  be able to move around!

I can see it working as student accommodation, we had portacabins when I was at uni, but where would you put the family!

Sounds to me like the councils would be better off converting their garages. They could even have little gardens in the front... or create high rises out of their garages with those american fire stairs!

Edited by Elizabeth

HOLA443
Guest Charlie The Tramp
2.6M wide (about 8 1/2 feet for you old guys), What you expect for the money, to  be able to move around!

I can see it working as student accommodation, we had portacabins when I was at uni, but where would you put the family!

Cheers. :D

Another bad joke, as you say ok for students, but would keyworkers be attracted to work in expensive areas for a long period of time until if ever they could afford to buy a decent property at a fair price. It begins to worry me now that people are more and more trying to make money out of the unfortunate who cannot afford to buy a decent home due to over inflated out of kilter prices.

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Holy cr&p, is this the future? Life in a deluxe dog kennel? How can politicians etc seriously suggest with a straight face that all those essential "key workers" and anyone under 35 should live like this until 2025 comes round and we can all afford pokey little FTB properties? OK, it's late, I'm feeling a bit moody and irritable, but this is just ph*cking unbelievable.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It took a war last time around to kick the government into improving the lives of its citizens and embark on a building programme that provided improved accommodation.

If they carry on the way they are going we will have another one, it will be a civil war though - the younger generation priced out of jobs, laden with debt to fund education for which there are not sufficient equivalent job ooportunities and an ageing population that demands ever more tax from those in work to fund their pension/healthcare rights which were unfunded and based on the generosity of future tax contributors.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
"...the entrance lobby doubles as the bathroom..." :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I had the same response to that one :lol: i presume you just p*ss in the corridor, or maybe cr*p in a pan and throw it out the window.

This sort of stuff just dosnt annoy me now, it just puts the crash more into the spotlight.

Only Salvador Dali can make sense of this mess :lol:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest Bart of Darkness

People forced to live in hamster cages because they can't afford anything else. This has got to be one of the stories that will be looked back on in years to come when people examine the 2005-2008 crash.

The designers clearly weren't "thinking outside the box" with this one!

HOLA4416
Why pay £30,000 for something you easily do yourself for a fraction of the price? Just follow these simple instructions:

1) Take one large cardboard box.

2) Place on Hackney's Murder Mile.

3) Congratulations! You have your own micro-house!

Thanks I was struggling with what to do there, but this appears to be the solution :lol::lol::lol: and as well, Hackney are so slack that they would only turn up if they thought there was a chance of getting some council tax out of it :lol::lol::lol: