House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Got Some Job Interviews Tomorrow

It's not something I've done before as the main question asker (usual chap is away, I normally sit in on onterviews & scribe/ ask ad-hoc questions)

I want to make sure that the candidate is properly relaxed as personality is more important than experience for the role i'm employing for.

Has anyone carried out any interviews? Any tips?

It's not something I've done before as the main question asker (usual chap is away, I normally sit in on onterviews & scribe/ ask ad-hoc questions)

I want to make sure that the candidate is properly relaxed as personality is more important than experience for the role i'm employing for.

Has anyone carried out any interviews?  Any tips?

Low cut top and short skirt.

If you want them relaxed, go and greet them personally in the waiting room, shake their hand and smile, have a couple of minutes of jokey casual chat before you go into the interview room or give them a quick tour and have a chat while doing that.

If the interviews are one on one do them on a couple of comfy chairs instead of behind the desk and make sure there is drinks.

Put a sock on your hand and ask all your questions in a ventriloquist style.

Assess their reaction :D

"Can you give me an example of when you have worked well in a team?"

"Well, there was this bank.... er..... let's just say it made the news!" :ph34r:

Guest happy?

Does this training video help?

I always hated doing interviews and am glad that someone else does them for me now.

This has the added benefit of not ever having to blame myself for hiring twerps.

If you want them relaxed, go and greet them personally in the waiting room, shake their hand and smile, have a couple of minutes of jokey casual chat before you go into the interview room or give them a quick tour and have a chat while doing that.

If the interviews are one on one do them on a couple of comfy chairs instead of behind the desk and make sure there is drinks.

Sound advice that works.