House Price Crash Forum

Housing Market In Perspective

HOLA441

For some the impending housing crash means little.

I posted a link to the Shelter site in another thread, but it got me thinking more about those who will never "get on the housing ladder".

OK so there is a great devide between those who can afford to buy a house and those who cannot; those who have bought at affordable prices and those who have to rent - but there is also a greater divide between the rich and the poor in this country.

So spare a thought for all the families that are living in one or two rooms; all the kids that have no space to play and the homeless.

Just a thought anyway.

HOLA442

Good point. We should remember that it would have to get really really bad for us to have a real reason to complain.

I read somewhere a few years ago, that if you have food in the fridge, you are one of the top 10% richest people on the planet!

Just goes to show how many people know what real poverty is!

HOLA443
For some the impending housing crash means little.

I posted a link to the Shelter site in another thread, but it got me thinking more about those who will never "get on the housing ladder".

OK so there is a great devide between those who can afford to buy a house and those who cannot; those who have bought at affordable prices and those who have to rent - but there is also a greater divide between the rich and the poor in this country.

So spare a thought for all the families that are living in one or two rooms; all the kids that have no space to play and the homeless.

Just a thought anyway.

We do want to change the situation for everyone, not just ourselves.

I think it's important not to let the fact that 90% of the world are poor to deflect us from the fact that we are being exploited on our own doorstep. Of course we have sympathy, and there is a great deal of support for those causes already.

The housing crisis has emerged recently and currently lacks a coherent voice.