House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Uk Government Ready To Help Bp Over Spill

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6591XJ20100610

Prime Minister David Cameron said on Thursday that the government stood ready to help BP with its clean up efforts following the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Cameron, who is visiting Afghanistan, said he completely understood U.S. frustration over what he called an "environmental catastrophe." U.S. President Barack Obama has been a vocal critic of BP's handling of the spill.

"I've got a series of meetings and telephone calls and other contacts with the President coming up and I'm sure that BP and what's happened off the Gulf coast will be something we will discuss," Cameron told reporters.

"This is an environmental catastrophe. BP needs to do everything it can to deal with the situation and the UK government stands ready to help. I completely understand the U.S. government's frustration."

"The most important thing is to try to mitigate the effects and get to grips with the problem. It's something I will discuss with the American President when we next talk."

I do hope he isn't meaning the UK taxpayer is ready to help with this.

Other than taxpayer cash just what is the UK govt going to do? Have we got state owned drilling equipment that can be used? Perhaps we can send and aircraft carrier?

Other than taxpayer cash just what is the UK govt going to do? Have we got state owned drilling equipment that can be used? Perhaps we can send and aircraft carrier?

Perhaps Cameron is offering to send the cabinet over to help mopping up the oil on the beaches?

Having been mercilessly shagged by BP and all the other oil companies, and successive governments, all my life - they can all go to hell.

Thats a lot of shagging. I hoped they used an appropriate oil based lube.

Perhaps Cameron is offering to send the cabinet over to help mopping up the oil on the beaches?

We shall mop them on the beaches - we shall never surrender.

surely Cameroons predecessor...cant remember the name..was bestest friends with Barry...shouldnt we send him/her?.

He's got to do something with all the unemployed. On the bright side, they get a free holiday in the US cleaning up the oil spill. Plenty of sun and time on the beach.

AIG Mk II, this time in the UK?

Booting out CEO would be a good start.

We shall mop them on the beaches - we shall never surrender.

Never was so much spilled on so many by so few.

The government are going to roll up their sleeves and help clean up the oil. It's a paradigm shift, the new politics, they

are going to actually do actual real work, with their hands for the first time in their lives!.

There's no chance he means spunking out a load of taxpayer cash on BP's behalf, is there?