House Price Crash Forum

Homes For Sale At 55Pc Discount

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

350K Euros for a 4 bed terraced is still ludicrous. They should cost no more than 200-250K Euros.

---

I totally agree, it is still too much. I am in the process of purchasing a 3-bed semi in the UK for 210K GBP and I am feeling really nervous about it. I cannot afford to move back to Ireland.

HOLA447
HOLA448

This is what you get for 300K Euros in the outskirts of Hamburg (Germany):

(this is a brand new house, completion July 2010)

B_F_1_basic.jpg?1246158252

http://www.immobilie...t24.de/45642947

Hmm its Actullly not THAT big, 120m2, my place in the UK is bigger and cost 1/3 less, and an average terrace house in the uk is about 75m2... I would have expected german property to be ALOT cheaper than the uk...

Edited by AteMoose

HOLA449

Hmm its Actullly not THAT big, 120m2, my place in the UK is bigger and cost 1/3 less, and an average terrace house in the uk is about 75m2...  I would have expected german property to be ALOT cheaper than the uk...

It may be like France in that the 120m2 only covers what they term habitable space.

A 120m2 house with a cellar that covers the whole house, useable attics and a garage is very big by UK standards.

HOLA4410

Hmm its Actullly not THAT big, 120m2, my place in the UK is bigger and cost 1/3 less, and an average terrace house in the uk is about 75m2... I would have expected german property to be ALOT cheaper than the uk...

You can get a lot cheaper, but not so much new-built, in Germany houses depreciate the older they get.

A 60 year old house of the same size in the same location will be 200K euros.

Also Hamburg is a rich city, loads of loaded people (there are poor areas too but much less than in a typical UK city).

---

Edited by wise_eagle

HOLA4411

It may be like France in that the 120m2 only covers what they term habitable space.

A 120m2 house with a cellar that covers the whole house, useable attics and a garage is very big by UK standards.

Correct, those 120m2 are only livable space, so they don't include the staircase and the cellar (which in Germany all houses have).

HOLA4412

Yeh i seen it what a bad joke, tho thats Dublin (a ******ign dumphole)

Go to the west coast circa galway! there's plenty of good land to build on where the land prices have plummeted 90% along with labour/material costs (builders dying for work and materials going below cost as companies go under)

I completed my 4 bed ~2500sq feet detached home for under 100 euro a sq foot for everything

legal and professional fees, the land itself, landscaping this land (driveway,piping,sewage treatement,moving rocks,adding soil, walls, plants etc), the house itself being build > plumbed wired to my specifications and needs, getting it highly insulated, triple glazed and airtight to an A rating, mhrv, solar heaters, oak and marble floors, kitchen, furniture everything

all in all a dream home :) the way I want it down to the brick, in a nice location, 20 mins from galway on brand new near empty motorway (tho i work from new much larger homeoffice)

all done on savings in cash with no debt

the housepricecrash in Ireland has been a big setback for alot of the country and the people (who ******ing endebted themselves into slavery), but for me it was a much expected event that has saved me alot of money and now i can live out my life debtfree :)

alot of HPCers hope for a similar houspricrash to occur in UK, one that will wipe out the reckless and allow you to have a home, and payoff the years of saving and hard work

your time will hopefully come :)

Edited by yelims

HOLA4413
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Correct, those 120m2 are only livable space, so they don't include the staircase and the cellar (which in Germany all houses have).

And the guard platforms?

HOLA4414

And the guard platforms?

Nahh, they are just two platforms for you to stand on as people march past you with a hand aloft... You get given a choice which platform you want to stand on. All you need to buy is some flags and a omaba style document stand.

Edited by AteMoose

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

350K Euros for a 4 bed terraced is still ludicrous. They should cost no more than 200-250K Euros.

That was my first reaction too but then I looked at the address. The area around Carrickmines might be called the Surrey of County Dublin, the "Hampstead" of Dublin - Dalkey - is only a stone's throw away and Carrickmines itself is close to the new motorway into the city. The "Bishop's Avenue" of Dublin of Stepaside and Kitiernan are next door. EUR €350k isn't bad all considered.