House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Where Is The Housing Revolution?

If we are all more informed, connected, aware, and intelligent (well not compared to Tonys children with their 6 straight A*) than previous generations then where are the revolutionarys? I for one do not have the oratory skills nor intelligence to argue our case in front of others but there surely must be a leader out there in the waiting to champion the cause of so many. Just look and comprehend the negative comments here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4182644.stm There is great discontent out there. When will a leader of men (and women) step forward? Are they all being sold the great property cash machine lie? Where are they? As I said I know my own strengths and weaknesses and I know in my heart of hearts I could not successfully represent a movement but with so much disquiet there MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE. A last thought. With such mass communication and exchange of ideas and opinions today then how could the Poll Tax Rioters organise themselves so well with so little when we cannot organise a piss up in a South London pub. Are we seriously deluding ourselves about the state of the market and everybodies opinion? :unsure:

I have tried..

To some extent..

my Lie to buy thread was there to get people moving to stop the mortgage fraud..

What more do we need?

Look at it this way.. we are all in current terms about £75,000 worse of on the property ladder..

So what should we be prepared to do to get this back.

I would like to see a mass walk out. our generation.. the sacrificed generation leading a strike.. We leave our workplaces and we march on london..

We get seen. our arguments and points of view are recorded. and noticed.

Economic therorys about the Debt Bubble and how it can never be sustained are ignored by the idle rich..

Shakerbaby.. did you read my lie to buy? did you contact your mp? the police?

Did anyone here..?

I want to finish work and go to a home where I can lock my door behind me and plan my future..

Not in this horrible limbo where I am waiting to be able to start as the years tick by..

Lead...? revolution baby..

our parents parents generation entered a fight and many died to protect their children from a tyrany that threatened to engaulf the world..

Their children, out parents generation have sacrificed the future of their children to line theri pockets with money they are quite franly too bone idle to work for..

Revolution..? Take the moral lead from your grand parents.. not your parents..

This suddenly seems to be the hot topic - who will lead the revolution?

Why not try and find out who was arrested in the poll tax riots, track them down and ask them how the riots happened?

There was widespread rioting in most of the major cities of this country in the summer of 1981 (think that's the right year). At the time it felt like the fabric of society was crumbling. Then, suddenly, they stopped. Always assumed someone had tracked down the ringleaders and they then stopped.

When I was in my teens and twenties there seemed to be a whole army of us who hung around in pubs and underground music clubs etc. We used to talk about life, religion, politics, poverty, nuclear disarmament - as well as music, sex etc. We had a bloody good time but we thought we could change the world. And we did - into what we have now! Not a happy thought when I think how idealistic we were then.

I think you lot have to turn your back on the values we have given you because, to a large extent, we haven't given you any values. I commented to my elder brother the other day that you don't seem to see many 'young couples' these days - you know, youngsters wandering around, arm in arm, oblivious to the rest of the world. He has daughters in their 30s and one who is 20. He said the 20 year old has told him that she and her friends don't really go in for relationships much - they have what she described as 'feck buddies'. As a member of the hippy generation, I am not a prude but that phrase fills me with disgust - I am not really sure why.

One of the things we sort of went in for in a big way was 'love'. We thought it would fix everything. But one digresses - as usual.

We gave you nintendos, playstations, computers, the internet, no religion and a world where between us all (and the media) we figured it wasn't safe for you to play outside the house without constant adult supervision. We had our lives to lead too so we have a generation of slightly fat, not very fit young adults who have already clocked up a huge number of hours staring at screens of one form or another. Bloody hell, when we go on holiday my two are sat in the back of the car, ipods on, mobile phones to hand, hand held consoles... anything but actually look out the window at the changing landscape ... anything but talk.

Maybe we have created a generation that doesn't know how to interact - I don't know. I do know if I had grown up in a world where my parents had had it pretty easy - able to get married and move straight into a terraced house etc and I owed 20k from uni and couldn't afford a studio flat until I was nearly 40 - I'd be pretty fed up - and would do something about it. Your generation is the first one for a while that is having it worse than the generation before.

Maybe the internet is symptomatic somehow of why you lot will never get off your backsides and march. You're too busy typing stuff into forums like this to ever actually do something.

What do think is better?

A million messages exchanged between a 1000 people in forums like this .... or

A march in London with placards saying 'A generation priced out of housing' etc.

It doesn't take many people to start something off. What about you lot on here? You meet up in London sometimes. If you could get 10 of you interested - print some leaflets - give them to friends and colleagues at work.

What about students? In my day the Students Union was dynamic and even, in some sort of way, respected. Students used to talk of going on strike. Boy, you have more reason now with tuition fees and student loans. But you're like lambs to the slaughter.

It really baffles me. Look at what the lorry drivers did a couple of years ago. Had the government really running scared. What did it take? A little bit of organization and mobile phones.

Look at the french farmers. First whiff of something they don't like and they drive their tractors into Paris and bring the place to a standstill.

Maybe most young people don't realise what is going on - some sort of mass blindness - maybe they need a leaflet spelling out what a raw deal your generation is getting. Or maybe as long as you can pay your mobile phone bill each month - nothing else is important.

I was trying to make the same point in a post yesterday, i cannot believe that so many people are just sitting back and taking it.

We have moved on in the UK in so many ways, but when it comes to housing we are moving backwards.

Many are now in the hands of low life BTL landlords, tenants can be moved out on a whim, i have heard storys on singing pig and a few of the others, where a tenant rubbed the landlord up the wrong way and was turfed out.

Far to many people are stressed out trying to keep a roof above their heads, it is a wonder some people can focus on anything else, and i include homeowners as well.

Everyday i read articles in the press proclaiming that prices are going to rise further, i then look to see where that information came from, and suprise suprise it is a Bank or Building soceity, or even an estate agent.

There is a huge social problem going on right now in the UK, you are ok if you are stinking rich or on benefits, but for those that just have average jobs it is soul destroying.

It is no supprise that some just give up and take to alchohol and other anti social behaviour, i am sure many would like to better themselves, but many must be thinking what is the point.

The ones who are now in property have made it a closed shop, they are churnning money around between themselves, pricing everyone else out. The idea of this Government encouraging second home purchaces make my blood boil, this Governments priorority is staying in power by using conservative policys, they make sick.

When is someone going to have the BALLS to stand up and say that there is something wrong.

Sam

Count me in guys. This is one march I wouldnt miss.

If HPI kicks in again then I think it will happen (just a matter of time). This doesnt seem likely though and steady falls over the next few years should give todays youth/renters some faith in their future.

It is no supprise that some just give up and take to alchohol and other anti social behaviour, i am sure many would like to better themselves, but many must be thinking what is the point.

The ones who are now in property have made it a closed shop, they are churnning money around between themselves, pricing everyone else out. The idea of this Government encouraging second home purchaces make my blood boil, this Governments priorority is staying in power by using conservative policys, they make sick.

When is someone going to have the BALLS to stand up and say that there is something wrong.

Sam

Good point... the money churning around..

But.. There is no money..

They have a debt against something and have grown equity and have borrowed more..

There is a closed shop above us.. all borrowing hugely... Convincing each other that they are rich and none seem aware that they are going to have to pay it all back..

The press is wrong, lying and seeking to justify this..

all smoke and mirrors with no substance..

smoke and mirrors that is crushing the economy.

WE NEED AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION THREAD.. THE SURVEY FOR THE EA THAT WE FILLED IN.. MY LIE TO BUY THREAD ETC..

ALL IN ONE.

THE USERS OF THIS SITE GO TO THE THREAD, SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO.

CONTACT REPORTERS, MP'S AND THE POLICE ABOUT ALL IDEAS AND INFO.

WE HAVE THE NUMBERS

LETS BOMBARD THEM..

WHO IS WITH ME? AND WITH US?

Why not ask the webmaster to publish a list of every MP's email address. If every MP got even just 100 different emails all on the same subject - you never know they might begin to realise there is something very wrong going on.

I think a lot of people in the Establishment don't really realise - because you guys haven't made a noise yet.

From their perspective everything is tickety-boo - good salary, good pension and a house that has tripled in value over the last few years. What could be better? Serve your country for a few years - then a non-exec directorship or two etc.

I think many MPs are decent people that did set out to serve. But they become disconnected.

You need to connect with them.

And look at all the job losses - every day now there are more annoucements - this is going to end very badly.

Get on with it.

PM each other, meet up and form a committee. It's the only way things get done.

You may call me brother - but I am, unfortunately, not in the right generation for this. However, you may rely on me for spiritual guidance.

Edited by Marina

Why don't we dig up one of Kirstie Alsopps dead relatives. That seems to be a fairly effective ruse.

Marina - you've obviously been handy with a shovel. So you're in, I take it?

Bill Gates is a sick individual. So he's obviously well up for it.

The Chuz seems disconnected from society so another possible contender. Perhaps his mummy could buy him a bucket and spade for Xmas.

CrashIsUnderWay is just a nutter. So I reckon he's responsible for hiding the body. Perhaps he could leave it in store along with his other stuff whilst he goes around the world.

Dr Bubb could probably draw a graph showing relationship between graveyards and churches. We could prove conclusively that there's a fairly high correlation! That'll get the media attention.

I would like to see a mass walk out. our generation.. the sacrificed generation leading a strike.. We leave our workplaces and we march on london..

You mean like the largest London Anti-War march ever last year ?

Or the Poverty March in Edinburgh...?

If you live in London you can see quite clearly more and more police or community workers on the streets, is it just the beginning of the fact that the nanny state is losing control which is why it needs more control ?

Another good way to speak out, would be too take your money completely out of financial services, just have a small amount of cash for use in a bank, dont use credit cards, loans, mortgages, avoid tax, N.I and pay cash for everything. Don't support or buy any products that links itself to the petrochemical, pharmacuetical or corporate worlds. You have to hit them in their pockets not change their minds. Imagine if everyone just stopped driving for a week, stopped visiting supermarkets and shopped at a butchers or grocery store. Dont use your mobile phone, cancel all cable, satellite television contracts. Stop shopping, don't buy nothing new, get it 2nd hand from ebay. The only reason for a global economy is to line their pockets, not yours. Thats why a Nike sweater is £30 but the worker gets only 20p a day and goes home to live in a wooden shack with 3 kids to feed.

Stand up and be counted, its time to bring the balance of power back to the people.

Why don't we dig up one of Kirstie Alsopps dead relatives. That seems to be a fairly effective ruse.

Marina - you've obviously been handy with a shovel. So you're in, I take it?

Bill Gates is a sick individual. So he's obviously well up for it.

The Chuz seems disconnected from society so another possible contender. Perhaps his mummy could buy him a bucket and spade for Xmas.

CrashIsUnderWay is just a nutter. So I reckon he's responsible for hiding the body. Perhaps he could leave it in store along with his other stuff whilst he goes around the world.

Dr Bubb could probably draw a graph showing relationship between graveyards and churches. We could prove conclusively that there's a fairly high correlation! That'll get the media attention.

No I can't comment its to sick..... but my evil side saw the humours side and hit the reply button :rolleyes:hee-hee.gif

Edited by Catch22