House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Fed: Inflation At Lowest Ebb Since 1960

...because people think it's cash.

The test is simple - go to your local store and offer to buy things by emailing them some numbers.

When they say no, ask them why not.

They say no because they do not understand the system you are trying to introduce. They do what they are told and in their minds they are accepting 'money' when they accept a credit card. Perception is everything. Nothing else matters. It's that simple: the system is designed that way.

If you could persuade them there was some 'worth' in your new system (emailing the numbers) then they would use it.

Edited by MinceBalls

I conducted a street pool in Liverpool. Everybody said inflation was rising prices.

Therefore that is what it is.

Irrefutable.

Which does relate to my previous post - perception in a world of smoke and mirrors is everything. It doesn't matter that increase in money supply = inflation if 100% of people think that it is price rises. I think that is what AB is saying?

Which does relate to my previous post - perception in a world of smoke and mirrors is everything. It doesn't matter that increase in money supply = inflation if 100% of people think that it is price rises. I think that is what AB is saying?

you say money = inflation

but do you also say inflation = money supply - to the exclusion of any other definition.

Just because all the sheep in the field are white does not mean all sheep are white.

You've conceded this.

Someone else hasn't.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

I conducted a street pool in Liverpool. Everybody said inflation was rising prices.

That's nice.

Therefore that is what it is.

Nope.

Irrefutable.

Easily refutable.

Does mass opinion make something a fact?

Nope. World is round, not flat.

Where does mass opinion count?

Whne the subject at hand is a measurement of mass opinion itself, for example a market price.

It may well be.

If it is, he is still wrong. Misperception just causes bad decisions, it doesn't change the facts.

That's nice.

Nope.

Easily refutable.

Does mass opinion make something a fact?

Nope. World is round, not flat.

Where does mass opinion count?

Whne the subject at hand is a measurement of mass opinion itself, for example a market price.

Inflation is an increase in prices.

It is not an increase in the number of tenners.

There is no proof to refute this.

Inflation is an increase in prices.

Nope.

It is not an increase in the number of tenners.

Nope.

There is no proof to refute this.

Except for the fact you posted.

Which disproves it's own thesis.

How?

You say inflation is a an increase in money.

I say inflation is a an increase in prices.

I am right. Please provide a factual argument if you disagree.

How?

You say inflation is a an increase in money.

I say inflation is a an increase in prices.

I am right. Please provide a factual argument if you disagree.

What for?

You've already proved that inflation is an increase in the money supply.

What for?

You've already proved that inflation is an increase in the money supply.

How?

I've said it's an increase in prices. Maybe output fell. Maybe all the farmers went on holiday.

It's an increase in prices - nothing more.

How?

I've said it's an increase in prices. Maybe output fell. Maybe all the farmers went on holiday.

If output fell there has been an increase in the money supply.

If output fell there has been an increase in the money supply.

More tenners?

Has does a bunch of farmers going to a year long convention cause more tenners to pop into existence?

so gold hits a record high then the next day retreats by a mere $12 and this means gold is DOOMED :lol:

good old rb , always good for a laugh!

we are headed for hyperinflation

http://www.fmwf.com/media-type/news/2010/05/families-hit-by-the-highest-cost-of-living-since-1991-as-gap-between-pay-rises-and-inflation-hits-record-levels/

Families are being crippled by the highest cost of living for nearly two decades, disturbing new figures reveal.

The retail prices index measure of inflation soared from 4.4 per cent in March to 5.3 per cent in April, the highest level since 1991, according to the Office for National Statistics.

In a cruel blow, it means that Britain’s workers have been stung by the worst ‘pay cut’ since records began.

The gap between the average pay rise – a measly 1.9 per cent – and inflation – a massive 5.3 per cent – has never been bigger, according to the ONS.

How?

jees you must be bored today to take on the injin.

More tenners?

Has does a bunch of farmers going to a year long convention cause more tenners to pop into existence?

It shrinks the pool of people active in the economy, which means there is an increase in the money supply.

It shrinks the pool of people active in the economy, which means there is an increase in the money supply.

But you say inflation is an increased number of tenners in existence and nothing else?

I think I am starting to lean slightly into the deflation camp also. All the money that has been printed in the last 3 years or so and the Fed have the lowest inflation in 60 years should tell you the direction things are moving.

If the gold bugs are unloading paper they may be about to stampede realising that their paper gold is as fiat as anything else. Contamination will spread to physical as evidenced by the drop in fiat physical caused by unloading the fiat paper. All values are relative and nothing has set intrinsic value IMO.

As a wise man once said: "Not all sell-offs are profit taking, some mark the beginning of a bear market."

Deflation it is.

Now that made me laugh. Only slightly into the deflation camp? You have been ramping the deflation argument to death week after week, you are trolling the internet looking for anything that backs up the deflation hypothesis.

Deflation is never going to happen, never. It can't happen, they won't let it happen......................why? because they can print faster than anybody can deflate it away, if further printing is required then further printing it is. Injin was spot on when he said that once they start printing they will not stop.................

You are falling for the VI propaganda to start the presses again, stop being so blinkered, stop believing in myths. If you don't you are going to be sacrificed.

Is inflation more than just the money supply?

Nope.

I think you either are reading things that aren't there or being enormously incurious about what the supply is to.

Nope.

I think you either are reading things that aren't there or being enormously incurious about what the supply is to.

Nice sidestep but you have already stated that inflation is more than just an increase in the number of tenners.

It is also the pool of active people in the economy.

The bankers lies in the economy are decreasing. This is reducing the pool of active people in the economy.

Therefore by your own logic we are deflating.

Nice sidestep but you have already stated that inflation is more than just an increase in the number of tenners.

It is also the pool of active people in the economy.

I said that inflation is an increase in the money supply. It's hardly my fault if you don't ask "supply to what?" and consider that in your musings, now is it?

The bankers lies in the economy are decreasing. This is reducing the pool of active people in the economy.

Therefore by your own logic we are deflating.

No, because credit isn't money.