House Price Crash Forum

Fed: Inflation At Lowest Ebb Since 1960

HOLA441
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Oh no, theres no need for a state for there to be a widely used money.

As any prisoner trading fags will tell you or Somalian with silver can attest.

You are just whalwe barreling me a bit. As much fun as it is, I am not all that up for it today and so must delcine the ratholes you are trying to steer me down.

Rat holes !!!

Don't mean you logical impasses !

You say countries don't exist - define money as that being what the majority calls it - and everything else a fraud. Then when someone politely informs you that there is no majority on money and therefore there cannot be a definitive definition of money - you give this cop out!

You have no credibility my internet amigo. I only hope people don't take the bilge you pump out into their real world dealings.

Just suck it up and say money has to be state issued to be true money ;)

:lol:

HOLA443

Rat holes !!!

Don't mean you logical impasses !

You say countries don't exist - define money as that being what the majority calls it - and everything else a fraud. Then when someone politely informs you that there is no majority on money and therefore there cannot be a definitive definition of money - you give this cop out!

The majority also think that countries exist, and this informs their decisions about what money is.

While they are wrong about countries, they can't be wrong about money by definition.

You have no credibility my internet amigo. I only hope people don't take the bilge you pump out into their real world dealings.

So do I. Everyone should make their own decisions and form their own judgements.

Just suck it up and say money has to be state issued to be true money ;)

It does.

But not because of the state, because of the general attitude towards the state and what money is.

Peopel think the state is legitimate, they think that money should be issued by the government - and because money always is what most people want it to be they are right by default.

If they changed their minds about the state then what money is would also alter. Simple. Slapping tricky concepts together in the hope that the explication is awkward is about all you have left at this point Alan, so i'll refrain from laughter.

Edited by Injin

HOLA444

You've managed to point to the obvious - that people are easily deceived. The guy isn't saying: 'sign the I AM A MORON petition'. He is lying and people are then taking the lie in good faith.

Wow, I've managed to point out the obvious, If it was obvious that people are easily deceived then no one would be deceived in the first place. That took some mental gymnastics on your part, I send you the petition.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LIvea_QWF4g&ytsession=Kh91zG_mfq3YygaqYWZ6Cp-9ELedn18JCrVevObfVUA-o6l_NoqmXw20dvkOXCQcxmymfGeNLEJs0AoAajDrGkOI2-tcVcQiBLHW2HuNJL5FsjWdg2FLJgJx_cJeqVUM0eflNHhO2LFD359BFg8RZcCEga35ZAk9W46hZiTnN9RonCB2nKYYJ7jPuKNZlr_amvY2JLbjYDYNdaEthtYR8Xgkj3JJdynrT6uhmUhCGJb_hIyRnKvIRvIlzwAhNYe1-BjJNOBMYFU

HOLA445

The majority also think that countries exist, and this informs their decisions about what money is.

There is no majority decision on what money is in and of itself - correct?

It does.

But not because of the state, because of the general attitude towards the state and what money is.

Peopel think the state is legitimate, they think that money should be issued by the government - and because money always is what most people want it to be they are right by default.

So anything issued by the Government - your government and decreed to be money - is money if thats how I choose to see it?

If they changed their minds about the state then what money is would also alter. Simple. Slapping tricky concepts together in the hope that the explication is awkward is about all you have left at this point Alan, so i'll refrain from laughter.

This is leading to my conclusion which you apparently are unable to see - or do not want to explore.

Not getting cold feet I hope.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA446
HOLA447

There is no majority decision on what money is in and of itself - correct?

Still missing the ...in an economy... bit, ain't cha?

So anything issued by the Government - your government and decreed to be money - is money if thats how I choose to see it?

It is even if you don't. Majority opinions are what they are.

This is leading to my conclusion which you apparently are unable to see - or do not want to explore.

Not getting cold feet I hope.

What conclusion?

That most people actively want a state and all that goes with it?

Of course they do.

HOLA448
HOLA449

To say there are no countries is to deny the power of organised men against the disorganised.

or to stick rigidly to the facts, of course.

It is very similar with FRB. Every country has FRB and central banking because it trumps those without - certainly in the short term...which on an ongoing basis, is the only term there is.

Sounds like something a heroin addict would say, tbh.

HOLA4410

It is very similar with FRB. Every country has FRB and central banking because it trumps those without - certainly in the short term...which on an ongoing basis, is the only term there is.

I'm not sure rampant malinvestment via speculation on assets should ever be considered a good thing. The cost of clearing up this bust may well shake that belief to the core too. If the price to pay is sovereign bankruptcy (for us or and/or other countries), I'd say the cost is too high.

Wouldn't it be better to build for the long term, while adding some robustness to the system? More haste, less speed and all that!

HOLA4411

How long until we see deflation in UK hosue prices though - it is going to need a pretty big puncture!?

Please, no long nominal or real debate but how long before the sticker prices drop?

That is the question perplexing us all I think.

I reckon the deflation is there already, it's just a question of getting the stuff onto the market to discover the actual price. The government has done a good job of keeping it off the market, but I don't see how that can be kept up. June 22 will tell us alot - watch for changes to support for mortgage interest and funding for mortgage rescue scheme. The former comes under the DWP, which department has been openly targeted for a 20% cut across the board. If there's no change, I guess we can expect a further QE announcement before end of year!

HOLA4412

Please feel free to refute with a factual argument.

There's a reason why Injin has nigh on 30,000 posts, he gets people involved in these endless circular arguments and uses "Injin world" logic while they plod on with good old fashioned real logic. They can never win that way.

HOLA4413

Still missing the ...in an economy... bit, ain't cha?

The economy is global - in which there is no majority view on what money is.

Still missing the rupee, euro, pound bit ain't cha.

It is even if you don't. Majority opinions are what they are.

There is no majority.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/majority

What conclusion?

That most people actively want a state and all that goes with it?

Of course they do.

Nope. That's not it.

HOLA4414

It has its drawbacks. I only agree too much.

No - I was referring to the ability to raise money for armies to defeat those without the system.

True! Perhaps without our current financial system we would be less likely to be at war? We must be a pretty twisted race if waging war is all important... :(

HOLA4415

I say it is.

Credit is money.

Money is also notes.

Money is also coins.

Money is also credit.

Am I wrong? Who is to say I am wrong.

For what it is worth, HMRC say that money is "currency, bank notes and coins, in sterling or any other currency used as legal tender in a financial transaction."

HOLA4416

The economy is global - in which there is no majority view on what money is.

Each particualr economy isn't global - it's believers limit their behaviours based on geography. Such is the power of hallucination.

Still missing the rupee, euro, pound bit ain't cha.

Nope. They all prove my case.

In each economy, there is.

Nope. That's not it.

Righto.

HOLA4417

For what it is worth, HMRC say that money is "currency, bank notes and coins, in sterling or any other currency used as legal tender in a financial transaction."

indeed, money is that which YOU can settle a debt.

credit does not allow YOU to settle a debt.

HOLA4418

Each particualr economy isn't global - it's believers limit their behaviours based on geography. Such is the power of hallucination.

Checked out your local shop lately - not much made in Britian. There are no economies

Nope. They all prove my case.

Nope. It disproves your assertion that money is what the majority think it is. There is no majority opinion on what is money. Mass opinion does not exist. If you head counted the opinion holders there would be no majority.

In each economy, there is.

Economies don't exist. Why do you persist with this fantasy?

Where does one economy start and another end?

HOLA4419

Checked out your local shop lately - not much made in Britian. There are no economies

I never referred to economies in this wya - I was merely outlining areas of acceptance for money - within those areas one item is money (in much the same way that inside a prison ciggies are money but ciggies aren't money globally. ) The conept isn't that hard to grasp.

But keep chucking stuff in the hope of retaining the morality of banking. it's amusing to see.

Btw if you have profited from the ignorance of others as far as banking goes, you don't deserve anything you have bought. Give them their peace of mind and destroy enough money so that the whole balances out.

Nope. It disproves your assertion that money is what the majority think it is. There is no majority opinion on what is money. Mass opinion does not exist. If you head counted the opinion holders there would be no majority.

In each economy there is. This is just something you are going to have to get over, Alan. Stop being so desperate to remain a good guy.

Economies don't exist. Why do you persist with this fantasy?

Wherever the majority of people believe it does.

I don't think that any of your rupee, dollar, euro or other currency holders would say that pound coins and tenners are't money hereabouts.

Would they?

HOLA4420

I never referred to economies in this wya - I was merely outlining areas of acceptance for money - within those areas one item is money (in much the same way that inside a prison ciggies are money but ciggies aren't money globally. ) The conept isn't that hard to grasp.

But keep chucking stuff in the hope of retaining the morality of banking. it's amusing to see.

Btw if you have profited from the ignorance of others as far as banking goes, you don't deserve anything you have bought. Give them their peace of mind and destroy enough money so that the whole balances out.

In each economy there is. This is just something you are going to have to get over, Alan. Stop being so desperate to remain a good guy.

Wherever the majority of people believe it does.

I don't think that any of your rupee, dollar, euro or other currency holders would say that pound coins and tenners are't money hereabouts.

Would they?

You cannot claim a factual definition of money based on non-facts.

"money = the most commonly traded commodity in an economy."

There are no economies. They don't exist - unless you want to meet your burden of proof in making this assertion.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

There are no economies. This is just something you are going to have to get over. You've already made the leap for countries.

Of course I have.

But I never say that there aren't people who believe in ountires.

Concept is simple -

1) Convince people something exists

2) Their behaviour changes

3) now 1) looks like it exists, which can be used as leverage to get more believers.

4) Dissenters get attacked because it's less painful than realising one has been had by the glib

It's how all large scale cons and cults run. To say their are no such things as countries or economies is true. To say there are no real people who are acting as if those things are there would be false. And they'll all tell you what money is, no question.

So, money is whatever most people think it is by default and most people think that tenners are money. Anyone who contives to make a living out of fooling them or not informing them of other forms of trade is at best dishonest and at worst a thief.

What do you do for a lviing again, Al?

Edited by Injin

HOLA4423

Of course I have.

But I never say that there aren't people who believe in ountires.

Concept is simple -

1) Convince people something exists

2) Their behaviour changes

3) now 1) looks like it exists, which can be used as leverage to get more believers.

4) Dissenters get attacked because it's less painful than realising one has been had by the glib

It's how all large scale cons and cults run. To say their are no such things as countries or economies is true. To say there are no real people who are acting as if those things are there would be false. And they'll all tell you what money is, no question.

Ok.

So, money is whatever most people think it is by default and most people think that tenners are money.

How many people?

What do you do for a lviing again, Al?

Nothing of any importance but it keeps me off the streets.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

No clue, but I know it's enough.

No clue?

But you are on here 24/7 saying people have been defrauded in dealing with banking because they didn't receive money - your definition being money is what the majority conduct trade with in the majority of cases.

Yet here you are openly stating you have no clue if such if they are actually a majority !

So you can't even guess at how many of the peoples that populate this planet call ten pound note moneys? 50%, 51% 60%?

You don't make up automated payment systems or anything cunning like that, then?

I've done all sorts in all sectors. I'm working in the energy sector atm.